Getting a shelving unit.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:39 PM
Sheving unit by Serilite.jpg

I'm getting this shelving unit to make room for some things in one of the closets. i'll post a pic of it when I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's to keep the appliances & other things off the countertops & tables when not in use. :wink:

I personally like the metal wire chrome ones you find in commercial kitchens. After having many 'heavy duty' plastic ones bow in the middle i went with metal...thay can hold a lot per shelf and you can add wheels to make them movable so they are a breeze to clean under if something spills.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BT1SXCT/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

The heaviest things that would go on there are the mixers & food processor, & they would go on the bottom shelf, where it would get total support from the concrete floor. :wink:

We keep the LEM meat grinder on the top shelf, as well as other things, of 1 of our chrome wire ones. There's also a cast iron dutch oven on the second shelf from the bottom.

Last edited:
That is almost like keeping a very heavy mixer or food processor on the top shelf!
It is also an accident waiting to happen!! :ohmy::headshake:

The metal wire shelves i got can hold 350 pounds per shelf. The plastic ones i had gotten a long time ago for the studio claimed to be able to hand 65 a shelf but the started drooping in the middle.

That is almost like keeping a very heavy mixer or food processor on the top shelf!
It is also an accident waiting to happen!! :ohmy::headshake:

Nope, they are very strong, nothing at all like the plastic ones. Like @oddduck wrote, they can handle 100s of pounds, unlike the plastic ones.

We've had some of them going on 10 years and no signs of bowing or weakening yet.

Back
Top Bottom