Getting ready to make my own Bacon!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:37 AM
I want to try this to see how it comes out!

I've started getting the stuff for it. Got a medium size Pyrex flat glass container with a lid. Got the seasoning the other day.

Whatever else I need, I will get & keep you informed of the progress. :wink:

I will let everyone know as soon as it is ready to be made. I will keep you posted on the progress & process. :wink:

Last edited:
Stovetop Smoker 2.jpg

I think I found something online that will help me with smoking the bacon that I'm planning to make!!
It can also be used to smoke ribs, beef brisket, veggies & chicken as well. Finally, I'm getting my own indoor smoker again!! :wink:

Last edited:
View attachment 19677
I think I found something online that will help me with smoking the bacon that I'm planning to make!!
It can also ne used to smoke ribs, beef brisket, veggies & chicken as well. Finally, I'm getting my own indoor smoker again!! :wink:
Isn't that used for hot smoking? Not sure how you'd cold smoke bacon in that.

When we have made bacon, it gets hot smoked, though at a pretty low temperature. Craig smoked the speck I cured over alder. The regular bacon he cured was probably smoked over pecan.

Technically, you can eat bacon, pancetta, speck, guanciale, etc., as they are without further cooking, after the initial curing and smoking when appropriate, but I prefer cooking them further to render some of the fat and crisp.

Back
Top Bottom