Giant toaster oven

I actually eventually will phase out the full size oven. About 6 months ago when i was at the store and i noticed they were making them big enough to cook a pizza i told my sister when the oven breaks down i'm not going to get a full size oven i'll just get one of these and a hot plate and put a cabinet where the stove currently is. I have the hot plate as i got 2 induction hot plates about while ago alsomat the thrift and now this...so if the stove goes belly up i'm prepared :)

Its not big enough to fit my cookie sheets tho...must find smaller cookie sheets. Well once i figure out where to put it that is.

003.jpg

This is the one that I have. It's a pain because I can't get 1/2 sheet pans into it, nor can I get large roasting pans in it, except the big roaster turned slightly at an angle!! Only 1/4 sheet pans or smaller. :headshake:

Last edited:
Looks almost like one of those French door commercial ovens that you see in food service kitchens & bakeries!! :wink:

What exactly is convection? It has a convection button. And i have heard of convection but i haven't a clue what it is.

Convection means fan assisted circulating heat.

Ovens have burners that are either top or bottom. Adding a circulating fan (and possibly plenums - structures in the air flow for direction) creates heat convection, or a distributed amount of heat flow.

What exactly is convection? It has a convection button. And i have heard of convection but i haven't a clue what it is.

Convection means that there's a small fan & motor just outside the oven cavity. It is mounted between the inner & outer walls of the oven.
Its purpose is to move & circulate the hot air more faster, which in turn, helps cook the food somewhat faster than normal.

It promotes better browning more juiciness inside roasts & pieces of meat, such as steaks chicken & also helps to brown breads & cakes more evenly for excellent baking results. :wink:

Last edited:
I would have liked one with French doors and that was big enough to cook a roast or chicken, but my concern also was that it clears the cabinets above -- since the unit gets hot. There was such an animal on one of the shopping channels that met all of that criteria, but the small counter space Factor won out. I even thought about putting it on top of the refrigerator, but my guess is the electrical cord would be too short as well. In any event, have fun with it

I would have liked one with French doors and that was big enough to cook a roast or chicken, but my concern also was that it clears the cabinets above -- since the unit gets hot. There was such an animal on one of the shopping channels that met all of that criteria, but the small counter space Factor won out. I even thought about putting it on top of the refrigerator, but my guess is the electrical cord would be too short as well. In any event, have fun with it

That is the problem that I have I can only put a small to large one under the cupboard. Not a giant one. The microwave & toaster are under the other one to the left of the sink.

Last edited:
The cord is rediculously short btw...giant oven tiny cord. Thats why i think moving the bread box elsewhere and putting the oven in its place...its right under a plug. Currently my chargers for my drill/chain saw/pole saw sit on the bread box so to be close to the plug but i was planning to hang a wire basket near there higher up on the wall to accomodate them anyway. Plus that part of the counter is lower and not totally covered by an upper cabinet.

Appliance makers do that on purpose. They make the cords short (about 3 to 3-1/2 feet so as to stop users & children from tripping over it if it is in their path, eliminating the danger of a hot appliance falling on them. Supposed to be a safety feature.

They may suggest using an extension cord, but only if the cord can carry the proper voltage without causing it to overheat, a potential for a fire. :wink:

I wish this cord was 3 feet...it might be 16 inches...the oven is wider tham the cord is long.

I wish this cord was 3 feet...it might be 16 inches...the oven is wider tham the cord is long.

Extension cable is the answer, I suppose. But as @Shermie says, making sure its of the correct voltage.

Are you beginning to wish you hadn't bought this beautiful red beast? You could, perhaps, sell it on E-bay for a profit... :happy:

You mean that it is now LESS that 3 feet long?!! I wonder what the cord on mine will look like when the oven arrives! :headshake:

Extension cable is the answer, I suppose. But as @Shermie says, making sure its of the correct voltage.

Are you beginning to wish you hadn't bought this beautiful red beast? You could, perhaps, sell it on E-bay for a profit... :happy:

I sincerely hope that she doesn't. It'll probably be long enough as long as she puts it on the countertop. I hope so. She should get a heavy duty grounded x-tension cord just to be on the safe side. :wink:

My oven is enroute! it has left the warehouse. @Odduck, have you found a spot for yours yet? :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom