Gingerbread Men

L_B

Veteran
Local time
2:01 PM
upload_2015-11-27_8-46-31.png

I remember as a child every house we went to visit at Christmas time we would
get little ginger bread men cookies. We use to look forward to them. You would
almost hate to eat them because they were so cute.

I haven't seen them around in a long time. Does anybody still make them or are they more
of a thing from Christmases past?

Well I never had those days but I sure love those ginger men. They actually look like boys. I somehow feel like the boys would end up injured if I tried to make them. The lips might end up down by their stomach.

Last edited:
I don't personally make them, but I think some people do. Someone on here was discussing how they made gingerbread ornaments for their tree. Ginger is actually kind of good for you as it can settle your stomach. That is a really cute picture of gingerbread boys or men..as you call them by the way!

Last edited:
I don't personally make them, but I think some people do. Someone on hear was discussing how they made gingerbread ornaments for their tree. Ginger is actually kind of good for you as it can settle your stomach. That is a really cute picture of gingerbread boys or men..as you call them by the way!

I am positive I would love the flavours. I just think I would make a mess of the decorating aspect. I'm always rushing.

We usually make sugar cookies in our family, in shapes like that, or stars, or any manner of shapes really - and the kids decorate them at Christmas with icing and sprinkles. I've never made them out of gingerbread but that could be a fun variation from what we usually do.

I use to always make gingerbread houses with my children for Christmas. It is something that they always looked forward to. Now they make them with their children. You can be fun and creative when building your house. No two houses end up the same,

Oh yes, Gingerbread houses are to die for, they are so pretty. When I was a kid my mother used to have a picture of a dynamic looking gingerbread house on the cover of her cookbook. I always wanted to make it, but she was convinced it would be too difficult. My son made one out of graham crackers when he was in elementary school.

Back
Top Bottom