Recipe Gingered Prawns with Orange Rapture Sauce and Linguine

What are the bits of grass used for garnish?

It doesn't matter, I only have flat leaf parsley and spring onions in my grass drawer so I'll opt for the spring onions.

OK, I gave it a go with substitute ingredients and it was OK. The one thing I didn't notice until I tasted it was the lack of salt. I was much happier with it after adding a little salt.

ginger prawns fuselli 1s.jpg

My "sauce" turned out much thicker than MG's despite adding a little water during the cooking. As MG suggested, I liquidised the tomatoes and onions.

OK, I gave it a go with substitute ingredients and it was OK. The one thing I didn't notice until I tasted it was the lack of salt. I was much happier with it after adding a little salt.

View attachment 4209
My "sauce" turned out much thicker than MG's despite adding a little water during the cooking. As MG suggested, I liquidised the tomatoes and onions.
I should have said 'add seasoning to taste'. I obviously forgot to say that in the recipe! But, you know, it looks quite similar to my dish despite substitutes. Although, if you used turmeric not saffron then it really wouldn't taste the same at all.

Hang on a minute - the recipe says 'add salt to taste' at step 5!

Anyway, I'm honoured that you went to the trouble of making it!:D

My only other observation - did you get a good 'char' on the prawns? I only say that 'cos I can't see from the photo.

My only other observation - did you get a good 'char' on the prawns? I only say that 'cos I can't see from the photo.

Not really, no. They were cooked long before the "charring" phase.

Not really, no. They were cooked long before the "charring" phase.

The thing is, that you have to turn up the heat beyond normal and char the prawns really quickly (hence the smoke alarm comment).

Its a key thing in the recipe... the charred and sweet taste of the prawns with the bittersweet saffron. I'm thinking that you didn't get charred and didn't get saffron...

:cry:

Back
Top Bottom