Glamping

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
12:33 PM
Having a stressful time at the moment with a big work deadline looming, so this morning I've booked a weekend away for myself and my mini dachshund. We'll be staying in a shepherds hut, in a field in wild West Wales. No phone, no electricity just candles and peace. Will have a wood burning stove for heat and a barbecue.

Super excited.

So what would you take to eat? As its only me I want some simple, easy suggestions please.

Sounds like fun. As it is just you, what foods do you like?
We went glamping last week. Though we had electricity and for better or worse, my cell phone worked. First state park it has ever worked in. We did mostly restaurants around the area.

It was good my cell phone worked because my mom got really sick.

Having a stressful time at the moment with a big work deadline looming, so this morning I've booked a weekend away for myself and my mini dachshund. We'll be staying in a shepherds hut, in a field in wild West Wales. No phone, no electricity just candles and peace. Will have a wood burning stove for heat and a barbecue.

Super excited.

So what would you take to eat? As its only me I want some simple, easy suggestions please.
Is there only the BBQ to cook on? No means of boiling water...? If it were me, I'd take some huge shell-on prawns to thrown on the BBQ.

I think there's a kettle that can by used on the wood burner (from the pictures).

I've settled on juice, cereal and some pastries for breakfasts.
Antipasti and bread for lunch and a steak to chuck on the barbie one evening. I may just treat myself to some fish and chips if it's not too far to get to the seaside town.

I'm mainly looking forward to either sitting outside in fresh air or listening to the rain whilst snuggled up in bed.

I think there's a kettle that can by used on the wood burner (from the pictures).

I've settled on juice, cereal and some pastries for breakfasts.
Antipasti and bread for lunch and a steak to chuck on the barbie one evening. I may just treat myself to some fish and chips if it's not too far to get to the seaside town.

I'm mainly looking forward to either sitting outside in fresh air or listening to the rain whilst snuggled up in bed.

Do you snuggle up with your mini dachshund? :D

r listening to the rain whilst snuggled up in bed.
Poetic - but this is Britain it can rain all day and wet dog + wet owner = misery [been there]. Cold chicken and wine is great but take some soup and maybe even a small camp stove if you have to - plan for bad weather and it will be glorious.

Super excited.

Sounds like heaven, peace and quiet. I do hope you will feel so much better for taking time out :okay:

My hobby for most of my life has been, and still is, camping & backpacking, though it is more basic than glamping!

Check what facilities the hut has, besides the fire, and take camping/picnic stove if necessary. There is a common squareish gas stove for about £10, and a pack of cartridges is about £4. Or get a cheap cartridge top burner, try Go Outdoors
Just take a couple of small pans from home

Rocklobster has some good suggestions for food, but take some cans just in case. A headtorch is very handy, but not so good to eat!

Yes, how did it go?
I used to backpack and canoe camp a lot, but now I must live vicariously through others.

Ugh! I've been snowed under with work so not getting the time to pop in here that I hoped.

The trip was absolutely wonderful, although the weather was dreadful. Managed to walk Libby in between showers and the rest of the time we were in front of the woodburner just relaxing. I'm hoping to go back sometime in the summer as I'd love to be able to see the flower meadow (which is where the shepherds hut is situated) in full bloom.

I couldn't use the barbecue but did have a small camping stove. I ended up getting stocked up in M&S on route, so picked up a selection of their salads and had poached salmon with salad on the Friday, and a rib eye steak and leftover salad on Saturday night. Also bread, fruit, yogurt, olives, crisps, humus to pick at whilst reading.

It was bliss!

Ugh! I've been snowed under with work so not getting the time to pop in here that I hoped.

The trip was absolutely wonderful, although the weather was dreadful. Managed to walk Libby in between showers and the rest of the time we were in front of the woodburner just relaxing. I'm hoping to go back sometime in the summer as I'd love to be able to see the flower meadow (which is where the shepherds hut is situated) in full bloom.

I couldn't use the barbecue but did have a small camping stove. I ended up getting stocked up in M&S on route, so picked up a selection of their salads and had poached salmon with salad on the Friday, and a rib eye steak and leftover salad on Saturday night. Also bread, fruit, yogurt, olives, crisps, humus to pick at whilst reading.

It was bliss!

Sounds excellent!

Can I come on the next one please?

Back
Top Bottom