Got a catering gig cooking for a Colombian family.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by mrchef, Jul 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mrchef

mrchef New Member

I just accepted this catering gig that my neighbor hired me for. It’s for a wedding with a predominantly Colombian family and I’m not sure what to prepare. I’m totally unfamiliar with their native cuisine and I don’t know of any restricted food ingredients that they might have. To add fuel to the fire, my neighbor told me that the Colombian women in her family are really critical, especially when it comes to food and cooking. Now I feel really nervous. To anyone who has ever been in a similar situation, I need your help!

2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Welcome to CookingBites @mrchef. Firstly, I would ask - are you a professional chef? I ask because I think what you cook will depend on how experienced you are. Secondly, how many are you cooking for? Thirdly, is this a wedding lunch, breakfast or a buffet?

3. medtran49

medtran49 Senior Member

You should get the bride involved. Most brides want input into every part of their wedding. See if she or the groom have favorite dishes. Your client and the bride would be the people to ask about food restrictions.