Greetings From Detroit!

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
4:52 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com

Apparently, somebody in the Yelp hierarchy likes my writing style on Yelp, so I was "promoted" to Yelp Elite last year. I get invited to cool events (which I'm always too busy to attend), and I get a chance to win a contest for a visit to San Francisco (near where I lived for 6 years, Palo Alto).

Yes, I decided that a preposterous pseudo-British accent and a top hat would be my best way to convey what it means to be in Detroit in 2018. Believe it or not, I wanted the silent film piano that loud intentionally. Even if everything I said was idiotic (it was), I want them to be entertained in the 30 seconds or so that I had.

I don't have a clear idea of what they wanted for the video, but at least I had fun making it.

Last edited:

Apparently, somebody in the Yelp hierarchy likes my writing style on Yelp, so I was "promoted" to Yelp Elite last year. I get invited to cool events (which I'm always too busy to attend), and I get a chance to win a contest for a visit to San Francisco (near where I lived for 6 years, Palo Alto).

Yes, I decided that a preposterous pseudo-British accent and a top hat would be my best way to convey what it means to be in Detroit in 2018. Believe it or not, I wanted the silent film piano that loud intentionally. Even if everything I said was idiotic (it was), I want them to be entertained in the 30 seconds or so that I had.

I don't have a clear idea of what they wanted for the video, but at least I had fun making it.

:laugh:. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom