Recipe Grilled Moroccan Chicken

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
3:03 AM
Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenderloins)
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • juice of one orange
  • lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Instructions
  1. Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax or parchment paper and, using a meat mallet, pound to an even ½-inch thickness. (Skip this step if substituting chicken tenderloins.)
  2. Mix all ingredients except chicken together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Place pounded chicken breasts inside 1 gallon zip-lock bag. Add marinade to the bag, press air out and seal shut. Massage marinade into the breasts until evenly coated. Place the bag in a bowl in the refrigerator (to protect against leakage), and let the chicken marinate for 5-6 hours.
  3. Clean grill and preheat to high. Place chicken breasts on grill, spooning marinade over top. Grill, covered, for 2-3 minutes per side. Do not overcook.
We like citrus. I added the orange and lemon ingredients. I also slightly upped the cayenne.

I'm marinating over night. I'll just pictures tomorrow after I grill it.

I'll be serving it with a saffron rice pilaf and roasted garlic and carrots.

20180728_141625.jpg
20180728_143800.jpg

A recipe in instalments? - excellent idea - I'm looking forward to seeing the photos from part two

I'm also a fan of pilaf/pilav - they can be a meal in their own right, with good bread and/or a salad

Back
Top Bottom