Grilling Weather

Yes sir!

My old gas grill is on its last legs, and I 've had to stop a pesky squirrel from building a nest in it a few times over the past month, so I'm looking to buy a new grill.

(and I was thinking of telling the wife I threw out the old one, but rather mount it in a tree in the woods in the back, somewhere out of sight)

Nonetheless, I've decided on the Weber Silver Genesis II E-410. It has very good reviews all around, and even America's Test Kitchen gave it's smaller cousin, the E-310, best in show.

Just waiting on a sale. It's $900 everywhere I look.

Last edited:
Looking good

20180422_161608.jpg

Yes sir!

My old gas grill is on its last legs, and I 've had to stop a pesky squirrel from building a nest in it a few times over the past month, so I'm looking to buy a new grill.

(and I was thinking of telling the wife I threw out the old one, but rather mount it in a tree in the woods in the back, somewhere out of sight)

Nonetheless, I've decided on the Weber Silver Genesis II E-410. It has very good reviews all around, and even America's Test Kitchen gave it's smaller cousin, the E-310, best in show.

Just waiting on a sale. It's $900 everywhere I look.

You didn't fancy the Megaburner 4000 - as tried and tested by @The Velvet Curtain, here? :laugh:

Lol, no. i've seen those disposable grills in dollar stores before. I cpuldn't imagine cooking anything but squid or shrimp on them, something tbat takes less than a minute or two.

Maybe a one time Korean BBQ using extremely thin cut flanken.

A little more detail please.:) I'm pretty sure they are chicken breasts, but how did you prep them and was the sauce added at the end of cooking?

Yesterday I grilled bone in Chicken Breasts and a rack of pork ribs.

Chicken Breasts:

I used a homemade Cajun seasoning for the breasts. I cooked them over indirect heat for about 1 hour and 45 minutes. The last 30 minutes I applied three layers of Blueberry Jalapeno BBQ sauce every 10 minutes. I pulled off the grill at 159 and let rest.

Ribs:

I made my own dry rub. Pretty standard rub. I did add about a 1/4 cup of fresh ground coffee beans to it. Next time I'll double it. It was really good. It didn't quite have the effect that I wanted.

I pealed the membrane off of the back of the ribs. Poked some holes in it, and generously applied the dry rub to both sides of the ribs. I then wrapped it in foil, meat side down, and cooked over indirect heat for 3.5 hours. The last hour I unwrapped it and applied four layers of Blueberry Jalapeno BBQ since in 10-15 minute increments. My goal was to create a glaze (and I did).

The temp gauge on my grill is broke. I'm not sure of the running temp. I'm guessing in the 200 range. I used half the coals that I normally do. Two hours in I added another small layer of coals to maintain the low temps.

I have more pictures on my phone. I'll upload them in a second.

B

Back
Top Bottom