Grocery bags

I still think raw meats should be given a fresh disposable carrier bag every time ,due to the cross contamination risk on the wrappers,and re using the bags won't help matters!

It is my understanding that for certain things like raw meat, then you can have a plastic bag to put it into free of charge.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-09-12-54.png

i thought all prescription medicines were dispensed in a paper bag not subject to the fee
Yeh. The huge pile of ones I get are! I hate the packaging of prescription drugs - all in silly bubble packets within other cardboard packets. It used to be the case that they came in sensible brown bottles so they fitted in the medicine cabinet and you could easily see if they were running low.

I finally have made a video of how to fold the plastic grocery bag. But it's with the help of my husband who is much better with the camera. This short tutorial is for you to be able to fold the plastic grocery bag neatly in a small footprint that you can keep in a cabinet and that is handy and easy to pick and unfold. This is not our original idea from an uncle in the US who taught us the trick.

Here is the link to the video....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKi5KixJ8hc

I finally have made a video of how to fold the plastic grocery bag. But it's with the help of my husband who is much better with the camera. This short tutorial is for you to be able to fold the plastic grocery bag neatly in a small footprint that you can keep in a cabinet and that is handy and easy to pick and unfold. This is not our original idea from an uncle in the US who taught us the trick.

Here is the link to the video....
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKi5KixJ8hc
Brilliant! I'll get folding!

Supermarkets seem as keen as ever to ply us with carrier bags. Even if I only buy a small carton of milk, they'll try to fob you off with a bag.

Yeap I do keep my grocery bags in a handy storage near the sink and I use it to dispose of trash, atleast I used to do that. These days I bring my own grocery bag made of cloth to the store because it doesn't leave a carbon footprint on the earth. Also most grocery stores at my place have converted to this idea as well and they charge you extra for plastic which I think is a great way to teach people to bring their own bags and save the earth.

i thought all prescription medicines were dispensed in a paper bag not subject to the fee
Mine come in two. A plastic bag into which the paper bag(sealed) has been placed.
Then there's the box inside that and then the plastic strips inside that.

I use the plastic grocery bags for the small garbage cans place in the kitchen and the bathrooms. I also use some to carry the milk packets from the vendor daily.

Back
Top Bottom