Guess the Fish

Burt Blank

Legendary Member
Local time
1:31 AM
Members from Italy should get it. This is one of the most expensive fish in the med, it's flesh is snow white, firm and sweet.
53003735_538579656631554_8103650311618428928_n.jpg

Red scorpion fish, Scorpaena scrofa/rosso.
I used to catch this a lot when I was in Turkey. A very flavorful fish, it was also the best fish for fish soups. It was undervalued in Turkey, maybe because it was abundant and has venomous spines.

Yes, my wife caught it off the Island of Brac. How do you prepared it ?

Your wife has been very good, usually scorfano is not a friendly fish - well, apart from sharks 😁

I used to prepare it in Cacciucco toscano, a fish soup where scorfano is the guest star (not cheap at all), or in a pan with mediterranean flavours like mirto leaves (or oregano) tomatoes, black olives, or griddled.

Gosh, now I’m craving for it... wait for me and I’ll arrive in Croazia in a few hours! I’ll bring the wine!

First thing I'd do is cut off the spines. All of the scorpion fish I'm familiar with have venomous spines.

Gosh, now I’m craving for it... wait for me and I’ll arrive in Croazia in a few hours! I’ll bring the wine!
Sorry we ate it two weeks ago, Marina cooks some thick cut slice of potato slowly in Evo till nearly cooked. She the places them in a pan as a bed for the fish. turns on the heat and adds white wine. bring it to a boil to get rid of the alcohol. reduce heat to a simmer and adds the fish. The fish must be above the liquid so it steams. Take the fish and potatoes out and arrange on a platter. Beurre Monte the liquid and pour over fish and pots.
When life gets back to normal you are welcome to visit. We are having fish tonight so I will post tomorrow.

Sorry we ate it two weeks ago, Marina cooks some thick cut slice of potato slowly in Evo till nearly cooked. She the places them in a pan as a bed for the fish. turns on the heat and adds white wine. bring it to a boil to get rid of the alcohol. reduce heat to a simmer and adds the fish. The fish must be above the liquid so it steams. Take the fish and potatoes out and arrange on a platter. Beurre Monte the liquid and pour over fish and pots.
When life gets back to normal you are welcome to visit. We are having fish tonight so I will post tomorrow.

Ah thank you, very kind from you
I liked Croazia and I’ve been there in Punat and KRK isle during summer 1999. Very nice places

Oh well, this means I’ll take wine only for me 😁

Back
Top Bottom