Guilty pleasures

missbishi

Veteran
Local time
3:27 PM
I know eating healthily is so important for many of us but what meal is your "guilty pleasure"? Which meals do you really love, even though you know you shouldn't?

For me, it's sausage, egg, chips and beans. Oh yes, a couple of slices of bread and butter on the side too! Completely unhealthy and hardly cordon bleu but I still love it. What about you?

I love fries and spring rolls.... I could eat those everyday but we all know how dangerous that is, especially the fries! Oh wow, typing about them has me drooling and thinking of making some plus the weather allows for a cheeky unhealthy stuffing of the face.

for me its not a regular thing but i do enjoy a doer kebab,chilli sauce ,salad ,chilli peppers the full thing,terrible i know ,i should know better .i work with all the best ingredients and go weak for a kebab:facepalm:

Deep fried butter coated in Doritos. So, so good.

No, I'm kidding. Although I'm not sure if it is good. I've never tried it. I don't have anything that's really fatty or crazy. My guilty pleasure is more along the lines of a great gummy something or other that you end up finding & it's the perfect texture, sweetness, & consistency. Perfection.

No, I'm kidding. Although I'm not sure if it is good. I've never tried it. I don't have anything that's really fatty or crazy. My guilty pleasure is more along the lines of a great gummy something or other that you end up finding & it's the perfect texture, sweetness, & consistency. Perfection.

I cringed when I read your Dorito comment hahaha!! That was funny. My guilty pleasures are funnel cakes from the fair, and just about anything deep fried. I have southern roots in my blood and love the deep fried stuff. I try to avoid it as much as possible and only eat food that is deep fried once in a blue moon for a treat.

H..how does that even work? I can't imagine eating a whole stick of butter that's been DEEP FRIED. The only thing I can make sense of is the Doritos, which would probably cut the fatty flavor. Is it ACTUALLY deep fried butter or is that just a name?

lol Well, it was a joke but if you were going to give it a try I would suggest coating the cold stick of butter in a batter that incorporated Doritos.

I figured that was a joke because the butter would not even hold its composition enough to be fried, but the way some people eat, I am sure there is a way to do it. Deep fried foods are so good, but so bad for you! I really want to try a deep fried candy bar or Twinkie one of these days. I have heard a lot of good things about them, but have yet to try one for myself.

I know eating healthily is so important for many of us but what meal is your "guilty pleasure"? Which meals do you really love, even though you know you shouldn't?

For me, it's sausage, egg, chips and beans. Oh yes, a couple of slices of bread and butter on the side too! Completely unhealthy and hardly cordon bleu but I still love it. What about you?

:hungry:

Just very occasionally we will have chips from a chipy and treat ourselves to a chip butty. (chips in white bread with (usually butter but for me) margarine, and my addition of mayonnaise. :hungry:

Our local chippy is rubbish, pale, limp, soggy chips . The fish batter is soft and oozes oil when you cut into it :thumbsdown:

Our local chippy is rubbish, pale, limp, soggy chips . The fish batter is soft and oozes oil when you cut into it :thumbsdown:
Harry Ramesden serve crisp chips and crisp battered fish ,thats the way to go,and its not a guilty pleasure it a must on a trip out to the sea side on the bike

OIL ??!!!!! Death is too good for them.
Back to the OP however - Add in some bacon black pudding and fried bread and you have an excellent breakfast, [maybe not everyday though].

Back
Top Bottom