Recipe Guinness® Ginger Cake

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
9:05 PM
Guinness® Ginger Cake.jpg

“‎I've put in so many enigmas and puzzles that it will keep the professors busy for centuries arguing over what I meant, and that is the only way of insuring one's immortality.”
James Joyce

Ingredients
1 cup Guinness®
1 cup molasses
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
3 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh gingerroot

Preperation
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- X 5-inch loaf pan, line the bottom and sides with parchment, and grease the parchment. Alternatively, butter and flour a 6-cup Bundt pan.
  2. In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the Guinness® and molasses and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the baking soda. Allow to sit until the foam dissipates.
  3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs and both sugars. Whisk in the oil.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom.
  5. Combine the Guinness® mixture with the egg mixture, then whisk this liquid into the flour mixture, half at a time. Add the fresh ginger and stir to combine.
  6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the top springs back when gently pressed. Do not open the oven until the gingerbread is almost done, or the center may fall slightly.
  7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/guinness-stout-ginger-cake-105881

It does and better still, it is dairy free. All I have to do is change the Guinness to Black Ale and I am sorted.
Non of the newer stuff there yet then.

Never spotted the dairy free when posting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom