Have you Ever bought used Kitchen Appliances Online?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:20 PM
Has anyone here ever bought used kitchen appliances online, such as from Amazon or E-bay?

Even though doing this might seem like an easy thing to do, I feel like I'm taking a big chance if it is something big, especially something expensive.

It is supposed to help you save money over the regular price,, but you more than likely run the risk of getting merchandise with parts that went missing, damaged or a used product not put back in the box correctly - something that's just thrown in the box any kind of way!!

How do you feel about this? :mad:

Last edited:
Maybe off Amazon if the seller has perfect or near perfect reputation. Amazon is really good about refunding your money if there is an issue. I've had to fight with Ebay/Paypal a couple of times when there was a problem.

You also need to check seller's refund policy, which is usually on their profile page, especially if it's a third party seller.

I would probably buy off the Amazon site. Amazon take a dim view of their retailers selling stuff that is not as described and not of a reasonable quality. The only kitchen item I have bought online was a bread maker which I bought off an advertiser on a community site. While it seemed to work, it had the accessories and instruction/recipe book missing, and a couple of other tiny faults, and his idea of clean and my idea of clean were two different things. I offered him a tenner for it, rather than pay the price he wanted, which he accepted. After a good scrub and searching online for the instructions, it was fine and is still going strong.

What a Mess!!!!.jpg

Someone had ordered a used Cuisinart food processor from Amazon, & THIS is how it came!! All thrown in the box with no manual & probably some parts that probably went missing or broken!! :(:headshake::ohmy:

Last edited:
Another thing that makes my blood boil is that when I'm in the store looking for an item, I find out that the box the item is in has been tampered with & broken into!!. Which also means that parts are either went missing or are broken!! :mad:

Last edited:
It's not only secondhand stuff you can have problems with. When we needed a new water pump for our koi pond, we bought one from the Argos store across the road. When we got it home and unpacked it, it was full of dirty water, and was obviously someone's return. We did get a brand new, similar one, which packed up after a couple of weeks. They would not change it! We telephoned the manufacturer to see if they could repair it under warranty, and they told us the pumps only cost them a fiver so they did not repair them, only threw them away and replaced them. They did, however, send us a "complimentary" new one, and we took the other one to a different store and got a full refund!.

Also, I ordered a brand new blender a few years ago, and when that came it didn't work. I had one hell of a job convincing the company I bought it off that it was faulty. They even told me they would not exchange it because I had unpacked it and used it. How else would I have known it was faulty? Eventually he decided that they would take it back and try it, and if it worked they would just send it straight back to me (at my expense). They did concede defeat though, and I got the last laugh because by then the food processor I bought (complete with blender and grinder) was on special offer and only a few pounds dearer than the original non-working blender had been. The only thing wrong with the processor was that I could not get the goblet undone on the grinder, but a quick trip round the corner to the workmen digging up the road soon cured that problem :laugh::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom