Have you ever cooked for a celebrity or VIP or royalty?

Shaun

Guru
Local time
12:14 AM
I expect many of you will be home-based cooks who do it for enjoyment, but assume at least some of you reading will cook professionally (or will have done in the past) - and I just wondered if any of you have cooked for celebrities or VIPs, such as visiting foreign dignitaries, royalty, etc.?

What was the experience like? Did you get to meet the person or people you cooked for or were you in the background, passed by without any recognition?

I expect many of you will be home-based cooks who do it for enjoyment, but assume at least some of you reading will cook professionally (or will have done in the past) - and I just wondered if any of you have cooked for celebrities or VIPs, such as visiting foreign dignitaries, royalty, etc.?

What was the experience like? Did you get to meet the person or people you cooked for or were you in the background, passed by without any recognition?
Chance would be a fine thing! :D The nearest I ever got to cooking for a well known person was a dinner party (held in the halcyon days before I became downwardly mobile) where one of the guests was Ken Livingstone ex Mayor of London. He was leader of Greater London Council the time. He was chummy with my then partner. I haven't got a clue what I cooked! He was great company though.

Last edited:
Would he count, whilst at my aunts.
gordon-ramsay.jpg
Not much, just a quick morning fry up.
& on camp
Sir William Garth Morrison.jpg

Stew, Recipe is on here.

Last edited:

I've always thought of that, and wondered what it would be like. :wink:

On celebrity, I am not easily impressed. That comes from my childhood. I practically lived at a local celebrity's house. Did get to meet some celebrities if they were in town. Was taught to say hi, then leave them alone. More than once, they approached us (my best friend and I) just to talk to the non awestruck.
The only celebrity that I remember would have to be Eddie Raven. My mom had won tickets to his show. I stayed in the car while she went into the radio station. He came out to meet me. It was his idea.
Now at two different times, I brought Lone Star beers to both Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Though they were both pretending to be someone else.

On celebrity, I am not easily impressed. That comes from my childhood. I practically lived at a local celebrity's house. Did get to meet some celebrities if they were in town. Was taught to say hi, then leave them alone. More than once, they approached us (my best friend and I) just to talk to the non awestruck.
The only celebrity that I remember would have to be Eddie Raven. My mom had won tickets to his show. I stayed in the car while she went into the radio station. He came out to meet me. It was his idea.
Now at two different times, I brought Lone Star beers to both Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Though they were both pretending to be someone else.
I was served beer by Sharon Osborne. She and Ozzie briefly owned a wine bar I used to frequent back in the 80. Don't remember Ozzie, but Sharon often worked the bar early doors and pulled me many a pint. Totally irrelevant to this thread but it jogged a memory!

I was served beer by Sharon Osborne. She and Ozzie briefly owned a wine bar I used to frequent back in the 80. Don't remember Ozzie, but Sharon often worked the bar early doors and pulled me many a pint. Totally irrelevant to this thread but it jogged a memory!
Also not related to the thread but most embarrassing celebrity moment had to be when the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders were recruiting for new cheerleaders. Every other girl there was a cheerleader with her mom. I on the other hand was not a cheerleader and was with my father.

Also not related to the thread but most embarrassing celebrity moment had to be when the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders were recruiting for new cheerleaders. Every other girl there was a cheerleader with her mom. I on the other hand was not a cheerleader and was with my father.
Did you get in?

Did you get in?
Well yes, I got to meet the cheerleaders. It was just awkward. Dad told the other mothers some story about why my mom wasn't there. He was "good" at the dad thing when it suited his purpose.
They were actually nice and I do believe that my dad would have liked me to join so he could show off his daughter (and get into all the football games).
I also met George Jones drummer that same summer. That was another one of dad's ideas.

Well yes, I got to meet the cheerleaders. It was just awkward. Dad told the other mothers some story about why my mom wasn't there. He was "good" at the dad thing when it suited his purpose.
They were actually nice and I do believe that my dad would have liked me to join so he could show off his daughter (and get into all the football games).
I also met George Jones drummer that same summer. That was another one of dad's ideas.
Sounds complicated

Back
Top Bottom