Have you ever roasted broccoli?

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
9:25 PM
I just saw a recipe that included roasted broccoli. I've never tried cooking it like that before. Have you? It sounds really good to me. I mean, roasting usually brings out a lot of flavor in food, so it would have to be good, right? Well, if you like broccoli anyway, ha ha.

I don't think I have. I have seen lots of recipes for roasted brussel sprouts though so I think broccoli would be similar. I think that roasting veggies takes out some of the water, and brings their natural sweetness to the forefront, this is why people like to do it. It gives the veggies a unique and specialized taste.

When I cook broccoli, I either steam it or stir fry it. However, roasting it sounds like a good idea since that may bring out more of the flavour. I need to get back to buying broccoli though, since I am aware of its many health benefits. I was not aware that it was so loaded with Vitamin C until recently.

I have roasted broccoli and it is really quite good but you have to warch it closely because it will burn quickly. Burned broccoli isn't very good. lol
Quite right @L_B . You really have to watch it or it will burn. You can roast any vegetables, though!

Reactions: L_B
It's actually my favorite way to cool broccoli! I love just drizzling it in some olive oil and adding some salt and pepper to taste and roasting it - simple but so good! As the others have said though, you definitely need to keep an eye on it as it can go from roasted to burned preeeeettty fast!

Roasted broccoli? I remember some years ago when we were going vegetarian for a week (just for fun). My husband roasted broccoli that he placed inside a foil wrap. And when it was cooked, he put some butter to give it a taste because he said plain broccoli is somewhat bitter. And it tasted real good especially when we ate it with steamed rice. On the next day, we had a repeat but this time it was broccoli and cauliflower with asparagus. It was a good combination and healthy too.

I have not roasted it and I don't know it would be big on my list of things to do. Everyone says you need to watch it closely and I a hit and run girl in the kitchen most days. By the time I run back it might be all burnt.

It's actually my favorite way to cool broccoli! I love just drizzling it in some olive oil and adding some salt and pepper to taste and roasting it - simple but so good! As the others have said though, you definitely need to keep an eye on it as it can go from roasted to burned preeeeettty fast!

Ha ha, well thanks for that bit of insight. I'll have to be careful. The way you make it sounds tasty. I think I'll give that a try.

Thanks all, for the tips. I'll have to make sure I don't burn it!

Back
Top Bottom