Have you ever won an award or competition for your cooking or baking?

Shaun

Guru
Local time
9:19 AM
My wife has been bulk-watching an old series of GBBO with the winning baker being crowned this evening, and it got me to thinking - have any of you ever won an award or competition for your cooking or baking?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Only for marmalade. Although that was hardly an award. But as they say, if you aren't in it, you can't win it. No way would I ever enter a competition where I had to cook in front of judges or cameras.

District one for Leaders, recipe has been posted on here.

Run at the same time as one for Scouts. They'd to do three courses, Leaders only the one. I chose main course.

My Yorkshire dhal won a competition under the heading "pulses and grains" once. In fact the award was given by a member of this forum!

Yorkshire dhal-1.jpg

My wife has been bulk-watching an old series of GBBO with the winning baker being crowned this evening, and it got me to thinking - have any of you ever won an award or competition for your cooking or baking?

Cheers,
Shaun :D
I was think you meant real-life competitions. But if you mean on-line then I've won the cooking challenge on Cheftalk forum a few times.

Same here, never entered a cooking competition, so have never won one. But I have entered various photography competitions over the years and won. The latest being one to get a photo of mine on an ordnance survey map. The prize included a copy of the map, my picture on the map (obviously) and also 12months free access to all UK maps online on the OS. I gave the later away because I promptly left the UK for Australia and somehow didn't need it anymore :whistling:

Have won quite a few,a few years ago I would do live completions and plated competitions,I have won medals at hotel Olympia in the dressed buffet categories,and inter company competitions with the meat marketing board,
But the best thing is encouraging young chefs to enter practice and yes win!
Prizes are normally knives or whites but it's the learning side which is great,judges will take the time to say wha went well and what could be better,I would learn so much better this and still remember this to this very day

I did once win a teddy bear of gargantuan proportions in a pub raffle. Honestly, the brute was taller than me and getting it home on the bus caused a deal of excitement and confusion. It served as a hat stand for a year before I eventually donated it to a children's orphanage in Romania.

Back
Top Bottom