Recipe Healthier banana almond bread

Windigo

Recipe challenge judge
Local time
11:06 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
I had bought too many bananas, but I also didn't want to make my usual heavy banana cake. So I changed some ingredients and made it lighter. Hope you will like it as much as I did!
20230607_055213.jpg

100 g soft Unsalted butter
200 g brown sugar
3 medium eggs
125 ml Greek yoghurt
300 g bananas, peeled and sliced
250 g self raising whole grain flour (if that's not available use 250 g whole grain flour and add 2 tbsp of baking powder).
50 g slivered almonds
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of half a lime
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla powder

1) Preheat oven to 160 °C. Grease a cake tin.
2) Mash the bananas with lime juice and butter by hand in a mixer bowl until smooth and glossy. Then add the sugar, eggs, lime zest, yoghurt, vanilla, a pinch of salt and cinnamon, and mix for about 1 minute in the mixer until a soft brown mixture is created. (If using baking powder, add it in this step).
3) Mix the almonds through the batter by hand, then add the flour. When mixed well pour into baking tin. Check for doneness at 50 mins (I forgot this, hence the dark color) and if necessary bake for 60 mins. Then remove from the oven and let cool for at least 3 hours before tucking in, preferably over night.
4) This would taste great with a cream cheese frosting, but that would defeat the purpose of this bread as it's meant to be healthier. It tastes great on it's own!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom