Healthy Desserts

Local time
9:25 AM
Desserts are not a big thing in my household. Often when a person thinks of desserts, they think of a lot of sugar and a lot of calories. Even when I have had guest over, when dessert times comes you'll hear people talk about watching their weight and not wanting to overindulge. For this reason I never prepare much for desserts.

Recently however, I came across a long list of "healthy" desserts and thought that overtime I should try a few of them. Does it matter to you if your dessert is healthy or do you see it as that one occasional delight to your palate? Also, what are some of your healthy choices if any?

Last edited:
I try to give healthy desserts, muffins or cookies with added fiber or fruit are usually the only items we have in the house.

I do not indulge in desserts that much, only on special occasions. Two of those occasions are Easter and Christmas. I would also eat dessert if I go out to lunch or dinner at a restaurant, or if I have to dine with family or friends who are serving dessert on that occasion. However, I would eat cake or ice cream at home occasionally. A healthy dessert for me would be fruit salad and I sometimes use this when I go out if I do not want very sugary stuff. The fruit salad could also be topped with some whip cream. It also goes well with ice cream, but it should be more of the fruit salad and only a taste of the ice cream.

It's funny, because in my country, "dessert" mostly means fresh fruit and maybe some green tea/coffee after the meal. Western "dessert" (ice cream, cakes, etc) are more like snacks to us. So I guess to answer your question...yes, I mostly do eat only healthy desserts

we get a mix of large dried fruits i.e. peaches,figs,prunes and let them swell in a hot fruit tea leave to cool and serve with creme fraiche

It's funny, because in my country, "dessert" mostly means fresh fruit and maybe some green tea/coffee after the meal. Western "dessert" (ice cream, cakes, etc) are more like snacks to us. So I guess to answer your question...yes, I mostly do eat only healthy desserts

It could mean some fresh fruit where I live as well, but you are certain to see that somewhere among a host of other high calorie "snacks" based on your culture. I have a girlfriend and when she has dessert night I promise you there will be no less than ten different cakes and loads of ice cream. In my country when we speak of snacks we are mostly talking about a pack of chips, nuts and in some cases fruit as well.

We tend to go with fruit here as well.

Snacks are another matter entirely and I have us limited to Butterkist Sweet and Salty Popcorn which comes in a 3 serving size and has only 80 calories per serving so at the most a snack is going to be 120 calories.... (Its a microwave popcorn so...)

I rarely have dessert, as I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but when I do.....it's vanilla frozen yogurt, strawberry sauce and some chocolate chips. A healthy sundae.
599950_mbimage_5805c0c809886_jpg_fa_rszd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom