Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moncharm

Über Member
Local time
12:54 PM
Hi All,

What do you think of wine and healthy eating. Can the two compliment each other or would you cut wine out completely? Thanks for sharing your views!

Regards,
Moncharm

I think they can compliment each other and work together, but as with food, people need to remember portion control.

People need to remember that the average glass of red wine contains over 200 calories (250ml) which is over 10% of a women's RDA. A bottle contains more than 30% (conservative estimate) of a women's RDA or put more bluntly 1/3rd!

You can live on distilled rainwater and eat only grass but you won't be very healthy and life will be VERY dull. You are and omnivore and your digestion is designed that way - food and drink are a pleasure [as well as a necessity] so why deny yourself something because of some weird 'healthy eating' mantra ? As above moderation is the rule and it works very well - beware believing the men in white coats [ and those with 'special' diets to sell]. The diets come and go and the 'scientists change their minds almost weekly so you might as well enjoy a little of everything you can while you can - life is too short to worry.

Wine can definitely be included with healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle in general. Most specifically red wine. Red wine is packed with antioxidants, so it's great for maintaining a strong immune system and helps repair muscles. Some wines have higher residual sugar than others, so you just have to watch. But all in all there is no problem including wine in a healthy lifestyle.:okay:

It depends on the person. I know many people that wine of any sort would be very dangerous.
If I had those people over to dinner there is no way I would serve any alcohol.
So yes technically red wine "might" be good for you but I am sure there is a non-alcoholic substitute that is as good or better. I shall be looking for it.

Wine is bad for recovering alcoholics and even adult children of alcoholics. Too much risk for a wee bit of a reward.

Back
Top Bottom