Hello CookingBites World!

Local time
11:31 AM
Hello, fellow foodies <3

My friends call me Cherry, please feel free to do so :) I am originally from Bulgaria but have been living in the UK for 6 years now.

I love cooking for my lovely little family in London - my boyfriend and our flatmate. Living with two boys who are always hungry and would basically eat anything makes me feel like a top chef some days, but I really want to improve my cooking skills and knowledge.

I can't wait to contribute to this great community and find like-minded friends among you!

Welcome to CookingBites @Cherry Kirschenbaum :welcome:. Please feel free to join in wherever you wish. We have a regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)? where you can tell us what you've been cooking or eating and we usually have one or two challenges running. I'm sure that our members might like to know more about Bulgarian food, if you have recipes to share!

What kind of food do you like to cook?

I never have known someone from there, please post a recipe, I'd love to cook something from your country.
And welcome.

Russ

Welcome to CookingBites @Cherry Kirschenbaum :welcome:. Please feel free to join in wherever you wish. We have a regular thread What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)? where you can tell us what you've been cooking or eating and we usually have one or two challenges running. I'm sure that our members might like to know more about Bulgarian food, if you have recipes to share!

What kind of food do you like to cook?

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will definitely be sharing some Bulgarian recipes and would be interesting to find out whether you guys enjoyed them. I like cooking new recipes that I haven't tried before and have an extensive cook book collection that unfortunately doesn't get all the attention it deserves at the moment. I am keen to learn more vegetarian recipes - I do eat meat but I think with vegetables one has to be more creative. Any threads you can recommend?

I never have known someone from there, please post a recipe, I'd love to cook something from your country.
And welcome.

Russ

Many thanks Russ! I will make sure to share a Bulgarian recipe soon and hope that you will try it for yourself and share your thoughts. There's some weird and wonderful dishes that I have found my non-Bulgarian friends find hard to comprehend. Top of the list (not actually a dish) is a brandy-like drink called rakia that old people in the countryside still distill in their houses. I've had a lot of people decline to try it, after they've had a whiff of its strong aroma.

I would love to try cooking some typical New Zealand dishes to!

Back
Top Bottom