Hello from Illinois

Welcome to CookingBites. We are a friendly and supportive forum and we love new members! Do tell us more about the kind of food you like to cook/eat and feel free to join in our discussions or post a new thread. Tell us what you cooked or ate today in our regular thread:What did you cook or eat today (June 2018)? We also have two fun challenges running at the moment (both of which need entries!): The CookingBites Challenges.

Thanks,

I love all kinds of food. I am really good at the BBQ. I like to get creative.

Hey @CraigC ,

Thanks - Sounds good do you have roots from Louisiana? Do you make Red Beans and rice, with the tasso?

Hey @CraigC ,

Thanks - Sounds good do you have roots from Louisiana? Do you make Red Beans and rice, with the tasso?

Went to LA back in the '70's for a commercial diving job and fell in love with Cajun and Creole cuisine. I make andouille (which is what we use for red beans and rice), tasso, boudin and chaurice. Tasso is usually used in jambalaya and other dishes. If they still get some in next week (Restaurant Depot), I'll do another crawfish boil before the river crawfish are done. Our granddaughters are 1/2 Cajun. Also a big seafood fan.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that tasso is used for jambalaya, as a matter a fact I watched a video on it and saved it to my favorites Since my last post. This forum looks like it may send me to the grocery store more often. :highfive:

Went to LA back in the '70's for a commercial diving job and fell in love with Cajun and Creole cuisine. I make andouille (which is what we use for red beans and rice), tasso, boudin and chaurice. Tasso is usually used in jambalaya and other dishes. If they still get some in next week (Restaurant Depot), I'll do another crawfish boil before the river crawfish are done. Our granddaughters are 1/2 Cajun. Also a big seafood fan.
It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to read this without imagining a thick LOOZIANA accent that gets thicker from the start of the paragraph to the end. :okay:

I live about 20 miles West of down town Chicago.
Great location: close enough to the city to get there in a reasonable amount of time, but far enough away that you don't have to pay $40 a day to park. Chicago is one of the great cities of the world, and culinary reasons are only part of the reason why.

Back
Top Bottom