hello from Minnesota

smellycat

Local time
3:55 AM
If any of you have been "friends" the older TV sitcom show, thats where the name smellycat comes from. Phoebe Buffay one of the shows actress was a horrible singer and she sang the song smellycat.... hilarious.

anyway, I love to cook. garden and mostly grow herbs, tomatoes (hello), and a wide range of squash from all over the world. I'm hoping this is a fun and wonderful place to chatter about food and cooking. I have dabbled in vegetarian and vegan and I have access to some of the best raised meat in the country. I kid you not! thats another story all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @smellycat and welcome to CookingBites.:welcome: Please feel free to join in any of our discussions. You could tell us what you ate today in our regular thread here - Oh, I see you did that already! :okay: We also generally have some fun challenges - see Competitions & Challenges, Questions & Quizzes.

We would love to hear about what you cook and the food you like to eat. Great that you have tried vegan and vegetarian as we have a few members (me included sometimes) who also cook that way.

We also have a thread about what is growing in your garden: See here.

Last edited:
If any of you have been "friends" the older TV sitcom show, thats where the name smellycat comes from. Phoebe Buffay one of the shows actress was a horrible singer and she sang the song smellycat.... hilarious.

anyway, I love to cook. garden and mostly grow herbs, tomatoes (hello), and a wide range of squash from all over the world. I'm hoping this is a fun and wonderful place to chatter about food and cooking. I have dabbled in vegetarian and vegan and I have access to some of the best raised meat in the country. I kid you not! thats another story all together.
@smellycat
Welcome! How nice to hear from someone who can appreciate the wintry feeling of the Midwest! Born there, 30 years spent outside of Chicago, I loved to walk to our main street during evenings of -20 degrees......

I'm wondering whether old-style sausage is as popular up in MN as WI. My Dad worked with a guy, a Swede from Minnesota, who spoke poor English, but told my Dad once, "I ban tank I go back to Minneesootee; I don't like the United States"!

Back
Top Bottom