Hello from Northern Ireland

Naillig

Über Member
Local time
11:57 AM
Hello ppl, I am from Northern Ireland. I am a lady in my late sixties and am married with 4 adult children, 3 of whom are on the autistic spectrum and live here with us. We also have a 7 month old Siberian husky puppy.

Life is busy as you can guess and I don't have a lot of time for cooking, but I would like to get some inspiration for getting beyond the ready-cooked meals routine or even just making the mundane exciting.

I also enjoy reading, collecting stamps and genealogical research.

Not sure if I am allowed to sign with my own name, so I'll just stay safe.

Naillig

Welcome to CookingBites @Naillig. :welcome: :rain:We are a very friendly forum with an international membership and we love new members! I am also in my sixties and have 4 adult children - two of whom live here. One of them has had severe mental illness over the last 7 years and has only recently started to recover, so although its not the same, I can empathise. Also, I'm no dog expert but I can imagine a Husky puppy might be a bit of a handful!

If you want to have a moan or just a chat The General Chat Thread is a good place. Or you could tell us what you ate or cooked today on the regular thread: What did you cook/eat today. We also have 4 fun challenges running at the moment. See here: There are currently four challenges for you to enter. Oh, and we would love to see a photo of your Husky (quite a few of us have dogs). See Show us your pet.

So, just dive in and join in wherever you like. I think you may be our first member from Northern Ireland - I believe there is some very good food to be had there!

Regarding using your own name - some people do. Its up to you really but we tend not to advise it. It can also get confusing if members have a screen name and then refer to each other by real names!

Last edited:
Life is busy as you can guess and I don't have a lot of time for cooking, but I would like to get some inspiration for getting beyond the ready-cooked meals routine or even just making the mundane exciting.

Oh my! Stay away from those ready cooked meals. I grew up in a broken family where Mom worked all the time. Heating up cheap pot pies, TV dinners and making tuna mac from Kraft macaroni and cheese, some onions and a can of tuna (oil or water) just didn't make it. But I grew up to appreciate cooking for myself, no matter how complicated it might become. Put your mind to it and enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom