Hello from Wales!

remedial_gash

Local time
12:35 PM
Sorry if this seems a waste of a thread, but the signup notice did strongly encourage this sort of thing.

So, erm Hi! Welsh bloke here and cooking is one of the few things that makes me happy, that sounds really miserable, but whether knocking up a desperately cheap meal with few ingredients, or trying something new and experimenting with things I have never heard of; it fills me with the kind of joy that I rarely experience otherwise.

That and for all the riches in the world, if you can't feed yourself and others, what's the point?

cooking is one of the few things that makes me happy, that sounds really miserable, but whether knocking up a desperately cheap meal with few ingredients, or trying something new and experimenting with things I have never heard of; it fills me with the kind of joy that I rarely experience otherwise.

It doesn't sound at all miserable - cooking is a creative act you can do every day. I get withdrawal if I am on holiday and can't cook! It would be great to hear more about your cooking adventures.

Thanks to both of the above posters, sadly I've never been to NZ but am familiar with your rugby team and watched a number of hidings over the years!

Welcome! We always like to see new folks. What cuisines are you most fond of?

Hi Craig.

I'm pretty much into everything, love to experiment or try out new things, it would probably be easier to say what I'm not fond of. The only things I don't really like from any cuisine are overly sweet things with meat; apple sauce with pork is fine but sickly sweet caramelised sauces on wings and ribs can essentially do one. However, I've many friends who like that sort of stuff, so who am I to judge?

I'm lucky to live in a fairly multicultural city so am happy to wander around the local shops of various ethnicities and just ask what's good. The people seem happy to help and are normally quite proud of the various products that I might not have tried.

We are pretty adventurous. Just started getting into Indian cuisine. Big into seafood. Also do a bit of BBQ and grilling.

Nice, I'm a huge fan of Indian food - growing up our neighbours were Bangladeshi and had a couple of restaurants they were always providing us with cool little dishes of goodness, mostly homestyle stuff and not the sort of thing you might get while eating out.

I adore seafood, but being a bit poor at the moment rarely eat fish aside form pickled herring or cans of sardines, I suppose I could go fishing, but when I suggest it to chums they hate the idea.

Nice, I'm a huge fan of Indian food - growing up our neighbours were Bangladeshi and had a couple of restaurants they were always providing us with cool little dishes of goodness, mostly homestyle stuff and not the sort of thing you might get while eating out.

I adore seafood, but being a bit poor at the moment rarely eat fish aside form pickled herring or cans of sardines, I suppose I could go fishing, but when I suggest it to chums they hate the idea.

I do my fishing with a gun, speargun that is.

Back
Top Bottom