Hello! I'm new here! I wanted to ask you for a favor

Zzuzkaa

Über Member
Local time
8:42 PM
Hi, I'm Zuzanna from London. I'm 15 years old and I really love cooking and eating... :D As you already know cooking is my passion. I had chance to choose type of project on Media Studies (subject at school). We have to do our own analysis and our own cover of magazine and context page! Immediately I knew that I have to choose cooking magazine. But I can't do this only by myself and here here is your role. I was asked to create questionnaire and find cooking community which will be able to help me with it. I will be really glad if you will just answer few questions about cooking :)

There is link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfKvYz9piDKxTUuT3mbn8C-OBBHoC-xbiewFrgtMg_7MPpWag/viewform

Hi Zuzannna. Good luck with your project. I'm not sure how many members here buy cookery magazines (I do occasionally). It is an interesting subject.

I've completed it for you. I used to subscribe to two cookery mags - I used Tesco rewards vouchers for the annual subscription so it didn't feel as if it cost me anything! At that time I was working full-time and I found I just didn't have time to read them properly so I ended up with a huge stack of them! So I thought it best not to continue - now I just buy the occasional magazine.

Waitrose have a cookery magazine which is free if you have a Waitrose card and it is actually very good - not simply advertising their goods.

I don't buy cookery magazines because they are not available here. I did subscribe to "Supercook" in the 80's (?) and I found them informative. The fortnightly publications are now all still in England (I think).

However, I did view your questionnaire and the symbol for less that 20 is "<20" and greater than 60 is ">60".

You have your less than and greater than signs backwards.
I filled out your questionaire but note that I am in the US.
Good luck with your project.

I also completed the questionnaire. I had to pick A4 for magazine size, but neither applies in the States. Not a big deal, though.

Do you have any idea of what sort of magazine you're creating? If not, then maybe a magazine that focuses on making cooking more accessible to teenagers? Good luck with your project!

I also completed the questionnaire. I had to pick A4 for magazine size, but neither applies in the States. Not a big deal, though.

Do you have any idea of what sort of magazine you're creating? If not, then maybe a magazine that focuses on making cooking more accessible to teenagers? Good luck with your project!

That is a good idea @The Late Night Gourmet!

Oh sorry my mistake I would have to change them (symbols). Thanks for letting me know. However for now I took picture of my cake (soooo yummy) and I did few magic tricks in graphic program. Tommorow I would finish front cover. @The Late Night Gourmet! I really like your idea. I will have to consider this :wink:

IMG_1685.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh sorry my mistake I would have to change them (symbols). Thanks for letting me know. However for know I took picture of my cake (soooo yummy) and I did few magic tricks in graphic program. Tommorow I would finish front cover. @The Late Night Gourmet! I really like your idea. I will have to consider this :wink:

View attachment 8307

Good image. Did you make the cake yourself?

It is but to be honest it sounds slightly harder. I have no idea how can I get their attention. So challenging but I cannot give up without trying :)

Last edited:
It is but to be honest it sounds slightly harder. I have no idea how can I get theor attention. So challenging but I cannot give up without trying :)

What are you worried about? You have a great front cover image. If you add a title for your magazine then you have a front page. The contents page is the more difficult part maybe?

Back
Top Bottom