Hello ^-^ New here and from africa

pinkcherrychef

Local time
7:12 AM
Hi there :D glad to be here I hope you all will be nice and polite to me here. A little bit about me is I've been cooking for oh about 19 years or so (This makes me feel old when I think about how old I was when I first started cooking xD). I use to be horrible at baking but ever since I got married I decide to make an effort to improve so I could make the hubby sweets. So far I've come a long way I'm proud to say with the baking I would least call myself a good beginner.

I've gone to culinary school for a bit while I was in high school. When I was in college I studied Culinary arts and management. I'm a born American Citizen but I live in Africa. I love it here I have access to straight from the farm products. Things like raw milk, freshly made cheese, excellent veggies and other stuff to.

I'm a Muslim so I don't eat pork,don't drink alcohol or cook with it. I won't judge you for using it I just don't use it in cooking (or consume it) that's all.

I am looking for good info on how to make hard cheese like mozzarella.

Mod edit: The question about cheese has been posted as a new thread: Home made cheese question

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Egypt :), I'm learning the dishes here quite quickly don't know them all yet but I know a good chunk

Are you originally from Egypt or a transplant? Just curious since you mentioned learning the dishes. Your cuisine will be new and fascinating to the forum members. Do check out the Challenges. Again :welcome:.

@pinkcherrychef
Brain snap! Happens with age. :laugh: What an adventure for you. Where in the U.S. are you from? Sorry - I am nosey.
I know I'm quite nosy myself lol, I'm try my best to follow the rules of internet so I don't like to give out to much information when it comes to where I lived now or in the past. So if you'll forgive me I have to say that I won't tell you which state but I will tell you it was one of the southern sates. Don't mind me though I know your not asking for anything to much I'm just overly cautious.

@pinkcherrychef

Welcome to CookingBites.

Egypt, conjures up centuries of grandeur and intrigue, and the ancient times, cast a long shadow, since its founding by Alexander the Great in 332 B.C.

My husband and I were in Egypt, two decades ago and it has been quite memorable.

I am a grand fan of Egyptian cuisine as well .. A couple of my fave dishes are:

Babaghanuj = Aubergine or eggplant with Tahine ..
Camouniat Samak = Sea bass with fresh lemon, garlic and Egyptian Onions ..

What I do recall most was the fish and shellfish in a small fishing village called Abukir, just 18 kilometres from Alexandria ..

The name of the Restaurant was Zephyrion and its Greek name, comes from the then owner, Periclis Tsparis .. I have no idea if the open air café is still there ..

Have a Healthy, Successful and Happy New Year ahead ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom