Hello =)

Enigma42310

Local time
2:04 PM
I'm Michelle.
I've lived all over but am currently in Oklahoma. I love to cook and garden and for me they go hand in hand (cooking inspires me to garden and gardening inspires me to cook =D). I like to cook healthy foods and use different spices and herbs..one of my favorite things to do is recreate ethnic recipes. I especially enjoy making (and eating haha) Mexican food but have recently become obsessed with Mediterranean food. It's just a challenge sometimes to not be so adventurous that my husband and son won't eat it lol.

Anyway here's some stuff I've made. =)

Pic 1 is Pork carnitas bowls with spanish rice, roasted corn and black beans, and shredded veggies. Cilantro, quartered cherry tomatoes, green onions, lime, cheese, sriracha and a guac/salsa sauce were options I had on the side.

IMG_20180217_1.jpg

Pic 2 is a Texmex turkey chilli recipe I tend to smother in cheese and sriracha haha.

IMG_20180117_3.jpg

Pic 3 is Moroccan style carrot and red lentil soup with warm spices like clove and cardammom and pumpkin bread.

IMG_20180103_1.jpg

Pic 4 is a roasted root veggie mix with a balsamic glaze, it's my go to for holidays and get togethers.

IMG_20171225_3.jpg

Pic 5 is Italian sausage and veggies with Parmesean cheese.

20171028_175130.jpg

And pic 6 is Ras El Hanout mix.

IMG_20180307_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have some nice meals there, and spices. Ever thought of making a curry? Indian curry? It's prolly my fave food. I'm in New Zealand btw. And welcome here.

Russ

You have some nice meals there, and spices. Ever thought of making a curry? Indian curry? It's prolly my fave food. I'm in New Zealand btw. And welcome here.

Russ
Thank you! =)
Yes I have. My favorites have been coconut curry soup, and veggie pumpkin curry served over quinoa. I don't use curry very often but I love turmeric and it's one of the most used spices at my house. =)

:welcome:

I love Mediterranean food through to Indian and Bangladeshi food, and you will find lots of useful recipes on here. I don't really do Mexican food - haven't a clue why, as I like my food hot! I look forward to seeing some of your recipes :D

Well, wow...it looks like you're more than ready to jump right in and join the discussions here! Please post your recipes when you get a chance...everything you've posted looks terrific (and well-photographed!)

I really envy people who have gardens. I have 2 dogs who would tear up any garden if I tried to start one. But, the more I hear about people having gardens, the more I want to figure out a way to section off part of my yard and get one going.

Back
Top Bottom