Help, how to find a special cake pan?

MagsBakes

Local time
7:34 PM
My father has a 9" round Kuhn Rikon silicon seal pushpan, and wants to buy one for his grandson who wants to bake Grandpa's cheesecake. Dad swears by this pan since he can put it in a bain marie and it doesn't leak because of the silicone ring. Kuhn Rikon doesn't appear to sell them anymore, we can find 8 or 10" round or 9" square on amazon or ebay, but no 9" round; he's very particular and wants that size.
Does anyone know how or where to find this, our current holy grail?

I did a quick UK search and the same thing - not available. Oh dear! Perhaps an alternative silicone seal 9 inch pushpan (yeah, I know that Grandpa wouldn't approve...).

Don't think you are going to find one unless you save a search on eBay and somebody decides to put a used 1 up for sale.

There are a couple of other brands, Wham in UK, and Proline or something similar in Australia that have 9 inch (22.5 cm) pans that are basically the same thing though.

I think I found it:

https://ch.kuhnrikon.com/en/kitchen-essentials/pushpan-baking-tin-round.html

I didn't create an account to see if I could order it, but it had one thing that I didn't see anywhere else: it didn't say "out of stock". I'm also not sure if they'll ship from Switzerland, but it's worth a try.

I looked at this same Kuhn Rikon website and it doesn't seem to do the 9 inch - and there are no measurements or price mentioned in your link. I suspect if its for a 9 inch pan it may be an old link but not sure.

Cake Pan..jpg
Piomeer Woman Cake pan..jpg

Here are mine!

The rectangular one. I got at Whole Foods & the round one, I got two!! :wink:

I saw the Kuhn Rikon site, but all the other items on there have prices and if you do a search for a pushpan you get no results. It looks like they discontinued them.

@Shermie , those are not the kind of pans she is asking about.

That round one sure has a pretty pattern inside...

Back
Top Bottom