Hi All!

black6host

Local time
9:00 AM
Hi all, I've cooked for all my life, I have to eat you know? lol. I'm best on the smoker but where I live (NH) the smoking season isn't long. It's cold now and I've decided to make cooking indoors my thing for awhile. I've got this tiny, tiny kitchen. I've been trying to make use of the walls, bought a rolling kitchen cart with cutting board top to give me more counter space and have been outfitting my kitchen with relatively good stuff. It's all going well, I've found a way to keep track of my recipes and my son has never been happier in the meals department :)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!

Hi @black6host

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:
I'm not familiar with NH, where is that please? We're a worldwide site but based in the UK, though I'm currently in Australia.

I've often had tiny kitchens and found them to be the best organised and easiest to use once space over the sink is used (I've often put a small piece for kitchen worktop (a cheap off cut) over the sink and drainer to make extra countertop space. In one place this actually tripled my working surface !

Anyhow ,I've said enough and the battery on my tablet is agreeing! It's just complained loudly and is threatening to cut me off .

So welcome from rural Australia!

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

I'm from the state of New Hampshire (NH), USA. Worldwide is great! New things to learn, and maybe share!

Edit: And thank you for the welcome!

Hi, @black6host! You've just joined the friendliest cooking forum on the internet. Everyone here is helpful and respectful, and you'll likely find that seeing what others post will inspire you. Here's a great place to start that:

What did you cook, eat or drink today (February 2019)

There will be a new one starting tomorrow, since we do a new one every month, but this will give you an idea of what we've been cooking and eating lately.

When you feel more ambitions, join in on the cooking challenges. We have 3 going at the moment, though the last 2 are ending very soon:

The CookingBites Cookalong: Choux Pastry
The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Coffee
CookingBites Dish of the Month (February): Frittata

The recipe challenges are a fun way to stretch your creative side and see how many tasty things you can come up with using the specified ingredient.

I just smoked my first fish (a mackerel, part of the recipe challenge with mackerel as an ingredient). And, being in Michigan, I understand the challenges of having a limited window to do outdoor things. But, I defied common sense, and decided to smoke it anyway, with the temps in the mid-20s. It worked. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to CookingBites @black6host :welcome:. Cooking in a small kitchen is certainly a challenge - I too have quite a small kitchen though maybe not as small as yours! I hope you enjoy being part of the Forum.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the welcome! I'm jealous of those here who can smoke (year round no less :) ) right now. Maybe one day I'll spring for another smoker. Being as it's cold out right now I'll just focus on the indoor part. My kitchen is coming together nicely, still waiting for my cart to get here. Again, thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom