Hi from Brazil

isabbbela

Veteran
Local time
5:13 PM
Hi guys!
My name is Isabela, I'm from Brazil and I have recently become very interested in cooking and nutrition.
My mother has always been an outstanding cook, so instead of cooking myself I just ate her food, or brought some of her food frozen back to my house.
However lately I have been very interested in eating better, with less salt and losing some weight in the process. So to me that naturally meant learning to cook all those healthy things!
I mainly like to grill some meat, chicken or fish, creating sauces and dressings, steaming veggies and my newest interest is to bake. I have recently bought some cake and pie baking books and I hope to learn to make some! Most of them are healthier cakes made with natural sweetener, cocoa powder, whole wheat or oats.
I hope to learn more about cooking and food in this forum!

Oi Isabela tudo bem Minha esposa e uma Brasileira.
She eats far healthier food than I do :)
I do love Brazilian food, but after a couple of weeks visiting relatives I have normally eaten enough barbequed meat to last six months. My kids love guarana and pasocinhas which are hard to find over here in the uk. :thumbsup:

Hacienda71, that is great I'm glad you experienced brazilian food!
I know, we eat such good barbecues in here, I love it! Even though I love experimenting with foods from other countries, barbecues and steaks are greatly missed when I'm outside the country and can't have them for a long period!

What exactly is Brazilian food? How do you define your cuisine?
Well, our main tradicional dish would be rice, beans, a salad and some sort of grilled meat (could be a steak, chicken...). But our barbecues are the ones that are more widely known in other countries, they are called churrasco, and the restaurants where you can have it is a churrascaria. You basically get any kind of meat from various cuts served in sort of a spit or skewer. If they are well made they taste absolutely fantastic! I have not met someone (unless they are vegetarian) that have not loved brazilian barbecue once they tried it! They have churrascarias in several countries and cities, if you are interested you should definitely look if there are any where you live! =)

Well, our main tradicional dish would be rice, beans, a salad and some sort of grilled meat (could be a steak, chicken...). But our barbecues are the ones that are more widely known in other countries, they are called churrasco, and the restaurants where you can have it is a churrascaria. You basically get any kind of meat from various cuts served in sort of a spit or skewer. If they are well made they taste absolutely fantastic! I have not met someone (unless they are vegetarian) that have not loved brazilian barbecue once they tried it! They have churrascarias in several countries and cities, if you are interested you should definitely look if there are any where you live! =)

We live in Leicester in the Midlands of England. We have a high population of Indian and Chinese immigrants so they make up the majority of restaurants and take aways, over the past few years Polish shops and restaurants have started to spring up, a couple of Caribbean but no Brazilian.

Welcome.

You can add me to the list of people who love brazilian barbecues! I have a brazilian friend and every now and then he would invite me over to his place, we would always go to the butchers to get some meat, grab a few beers from the store and every single time the food was delicious!

Back
Top Bottom