Hi from Poland

Sweet Anna

Local time
1:19 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Anna , I have recently discovered this forum and I am delighted that I joined your group. Cooking is my hobby. Thanks to the forum, my kitchen will turn into a kitchen for culinary experiences, and taste buds will certainly be satisfied. I'm from Poland. I love cakes and fruit cocktails.

Last edited:
Welcome to CookingBites @Sweet Anna. Its great to have some more members from Eastern Europe. @dimitarpachev from Bulgaria (living in the UK) recently joined. We have an international membership and love to hear about your country's dishes so it would be great if you posted some Polish recipes.

Please dive in and join in. We have a few challenges running at the moment - one of which is 'Cakes'! See here: There are currently three challenges for you to enter. Or you can always join in our regular thread: What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

I love cakes and fruit cocktails.

Fruit cocktails? Tell us more! :)

Hi Anna

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

A number of years ago I had the delight to cycle down through Poland during a wonderful frosty autumn. We loved the route we accidentally chose from Belarus down to Slovakia and we meet many helpful and friendly people along the way.

Please feel free to jump straight in. We currently have a couple of friendly cooking challenges running that are cake or dessert related at the moment. (A general cakes as @morning glory mentioned but also a general ingredient challenge related to limes which is needing more entries at the moment.

Welcome to CookingBites @Sweet Anna. Its great to have some more members from Eastern Europe. @dimitarpachev from Bulgaria (living in the UK) recently joined. We have an international membership and love to hear about your country's dishes so it would be great if you posted some Polish recipes.

Please dive in and join in. We have a few challenges running at the moment - one of which is 'Cakes'! See here: There are currently three challenges for you to enter. Or you can always join in our regular thread: What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Fruit cocktails? Tell us more! :)

Something like a fruit or vegetable smoothie.
I will post some simple recipe. See here: Banana Kiwi Cocktail

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Polish food. There's a large community of Polish immigrants in Hamtramck, a suburb of Detroit. There's also an excellent Polish restaurant near where I live. I'm a huge fan of pierogies, gołąbki, and kielbasa. I've never tried czernina (duck blood soup), but that's on my list to try. Very interested in your take on these, as well as any other recipes (I just read your Chicken Soup post...very interesting!)

Now I'm getting hungry...I think I'm going to have to order some to pick up on my way home.

Back
Top Bottom