Himalayan pink salt (UK)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:56 PM
This stuff is really expensive - unless you buy it in Tiger www.tigerstores.co.uk. Its a pound for a big bag. So if your in or near a big town or city which has a branch, check it out. They also have various other herbs and spices for £1. If you don't know the shop, its a Danish company - very cheap but also fun and designery (thats not a word!). I guarantee you'll end up buying more than salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff is really expensive - unless you buy it in Tiger www.tigerstores.co.uk. Its a pound for a big bag. So if your in or near a big town or city which has a branch, check it out. They also have various other herbs and spices for £1. If you don't know the shop, its a Danish company - very cheap but also fun and designery (thats not a word!). I guarantee you'll end up buying more than salt.

We went in the one in Basingstoke on my nearly pilgrimage to get the school uniforms for my lads and the oxford street branch, and bought some bits and pieces before ,
at the weekend we had the conversation with a friend about these shops and I could not remember the name so thank you for reminding me, its a unusual shop to say the least my son bought a glass jar drinking vessel with a straw and a hat that also keeps your face warm making it look like a beard, and a ginger bread house kit..........so there is 100s of things you just didn't realise you needed type of shop :okay:

I've priced it before on Amazon, so I know it's expensive. Thanks for the link, I never would have known about that site otherwise. I've got it bookmarked for when I'm ready to make the purchase. Hopefully they sell to customers in the U.S. I didn't check that out, but most merchants with a website do.

I've priced it before on Amazon, so I know it's expensive. Thanks for the link, I never would have known about that site otherwise. I've got it bookmarked for when I'm ready to make the purchase. Hopefully they sell to customers in the U.S. I didn't check that out, but most merchants with a website do.

I saw it on Amazon.com as well.
It is said to be good cure curing & smoking. :wink:

Last edited:
I love pink salt. I alternate between pink and Celtic salts which I also really like. In the U.S. You can find Himalayan pink salt in bulk in grocery stores that have lots of health food and organic food.

Sadly, as far as I know, they don't do mail order or internet shopping at all. I wonder how much postage to US would cost from here? If its not too high, I could send you a pack or two. We used to do this on another forum I was on. I once sent someone in Italy some dried lemons. We just used to do it for small, fairly cheap ingredients that were hard to come by in our own countries. There was no exchanging of addresses on the public forum though, of course.

Sadly, as far as I know, they don't do mail order or internet shopping at all. I wonder how much postage to US would cost from here? If its not too high, I could send you a pack or two. We used to do this on another forum I was on. I once sent someone in Italy some dried lemons. We just used to do it for small, fairly cheap ingredients that were hard to come by in our own countries. There was no exchanging of addresses on the public forum though, of course.

I just checked the link and found that out (that they don't have an actual online shop), what a disappointment. My life's been on hold during the garage sale, so I'm behind on everything. That's definitely something to check into, regarding shipping it. That's a wonderful offer, thank you. Let me look around and see if there's any available nearby that isn't too expensive. HEB might have it in their natural section, so I can try it out, and hopefully it won't be prohibitively expensive. It's great that y'all have an option that is so cheap. It seems nothing here is low cost these days.

Thank you so much for the link. Checked it out. I was shocked at the price of the pink salt otherwise. I would definitely try to find if they have a shop somewhere around here.
Don't know where you are in London but there are quite a few branches there. Its one of those shops where you end up buying more than you went in for. Very low prices and very desirable designs!

Back
Top Bottom