Hoisin Burgers with Caramelized Onions

lovecooking64

Local time
5:49 AM
Website
www.thepersonalchefnetwork.com
Hoisin Chicken Burgers with Caramelized Red Onions - Ground meat patties with onion, bell pepper, sesame seeds, fresh ginger, soy and hoisin sauce

3 large red onions, sliced
1 pound ground chicken or turkey
1 small red bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon Grated Ginger
4 teaspoons soy sauce
olive oil
4 sesame-seed buns

Lettuce and sliced tomatoes

Heat oven to 350 degrees

Cut one red onion in half and small dice one half of the red onion, set aside

Thinly slice the remaining red onions and sauté, partially covered, with a little oil and a pinch of salt until soft approx. 45 minutes stirring occasionally

Dice red bell pepper, add to diced red onion and sauté with a little oil until softened, set aside to cool

Combine ground chicken, diced onion and bell pepper, garlic, hoisin sauce, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, ginger, and soy sauce

Form the mixture into 4 patties

In an oven proof skillet lightly brown burgers over medium heat, be careful not to burn them.

Place pan in oven and cook burgers until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees

Serve with toasted buns

P.S. Visit my webpage to sign up for my Newsletter with business and cooking tips, receive my Weekly Recipe with Shopping lists which drops every Thursday morning, and my Free Guide: Is becoming a Personal Chef Right for YOU!

Also please let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a note in the comment section below!

All the best,
Chef Donna

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not that crazy about chicken burgers, but I'd try that! :)

What do you do with the sliced onions that you caramelised? Add them to the burger mix, or serve on top of the cooked burgers?

I'm not that crazy about chicken burgers, but I'd try that! :)
If you don't like chicken burgers, then you really need to get your own meat grinder and grind your own. I always include chicken fat and a bit of the skin in the grind, though I do tend to keep it pretty lean. That little bit along with the meat will result in something that tastes a bit like fried chicken as it cooks in the pan. The store-bought, pre-ground chicken doesn't seem to work this way, but you can control your own if you have your own grinder.

Back
Top Bottom