1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recipe Holiday Piping Hot Glogg

Discussion in 'Beverages, Drinks and Smoothies' started by Francesca, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:41 AM.

Tags:
  1. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

A dear client of mine, had given me this hot Glogg récipe which we had tried a couple of years ago, and it is surely a warmer up .. and lovely hot toddie ..

1 / 2 Bottle of Port Wine
    1/ 2 Bottle of White Moscatel Sweet or Semi Sweet Wine
    1 / 5 of Claret
    10 whole cardamon seeds
    5 sticks of cinammon
    sugar to taste ( I use sugar in the raw natural finely grinded Golden ecological sugar )
    a handful of blanched almonds
    3 shot glasses of Brandy of choice ( Highly suggest Jerez de La Frontera Oak Aged )
    10 whole cloves
    1 small orange - for the zest grated finely
    2 handful of raisins

1) Put all the spices ( not the raisins or almonds) in the Port Wine and heat for 30 miniutes on simmer. Do not boil ..
    2) Dissolve the sugar in the brandy in a sauce pan .. Add all the wines and spices and heat.
    3) You may marinate the raisins in the wine mixture overnight !
    4) To serve: Place 10 raisins and a few almonds in each Mug, or Martini Glass Stemware if you prefer a decorative touch, and add the piping hot Glogg. Do please: Put a spoon in the glasses if you use Glassware or Stemware .. Highly suggested are Ceramic Mugs ..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 4:04 PM
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

Very Christmassy! :cheers:

Francesca likes this.
  3. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@morning glory

Lovely for a night cap during the holidays ..

Keeps one toasty too ..