home cooks to make money and manage their orders

gv0001

Local time
3:51 AM
Hi Guys

Just wondering if I could get some feedback for www.CaterForMyEvent.com

I'm interested in creating a Catering Platform for home cooks to make money and manage their orders.

Thanks!

I looked at your link but could not see how this would help a home cook make money. The platform seems to be designed to help people locate professional caterers.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Just wondering if I could get some feedback for www.CaterForMyEvent.com

I'm interested in creating a Catering Platform for home cooks to make money and manage their orders.

Thanks!

After the home cook passes an inspection, buys liability insurance and purchases proper containers to sell their products in, any profit may not surpass the cost of doing business. Besides having to turn the kitchen into a professional one. Remember, you need to have "walk ins" and space enough to handle several days worth of perishable and pre-preped food. I don't think an inspector will allow food, meant to be sold, stored in a home fridge. BTW, if you have anything on your plate besides catering, you will have to find time from a 80+ hour work week to devote to it.

Last edited:
After the home cook passes an inspection, buys liability insurance and purchases proper containers to sell their products in, any profit may not surpass the cost of doing business. Besides having to turn the kitchen into a professional one. Remember, you need to have "walk ins" and space enough to handle several days worth of perishable and pre-preped food. I don't think an inspector will allow food, meant to be sold, stored in a home fridge. BTW, if you have anything on your plate besides catering, you will have to find time from a 80+ hour work week to devote to it.

Yes - there is a minefield of H&S legislation regarding any kind of catering.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware of the legal / health and safety obligations of the caterer.

Under terms and conditions there is "CaterForMyEvent.com provides an online platform to connect buyers with sellers. It is the sellers responsibility to obtain the necessary permits to sell food within their country and jurisdiction."

I guess my aim is to provide a platform where the average home cook can organize their dishes easily. Soon, I will be building some New Features where users can calculate the cost of a dish based in price of ingredients. This will allow users to know the price point where a dish is profitable.

The end game will always be having the right permits to sell food, but does that come after a bit of demand.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware of the legal / health and safety obligations of the caterer.

Under terms and conditions there is "CaterForMyEvent.com provides an online platform to connect buyers with sellers. It is the sellers responsibility to obtain the necessary permits to sell food within their country and jurisdiction."

I guess my aim is to provide a platform where the average home cook can organize their dishes easily. Soon, I will be building some New Features where users can calculate the cost of a dish based in price of ingredients. This will allow users to know the price point where a dish is profitable.

The end game will always be having the right permits to sell food, but does that come after a bit of demand.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

If those are the only factors you use, the result will not be the actual cost.:rolleyes: Therefore, you won't be able to calculate where your profit and price point are. It is like a BOM for a product.

Back
Top Bottom