Home-made sweets (candies)

jennyb

Über Member
Local time
10:15 PM
Has anyone made home-made sweets? I'm meaning things such as toffee or fudge or even boiled sweets. I'm asking because my grandson is doing a project at school. I have made fudge ages back but that is about all. I'd like to make some sweets with him but apart from fudge I don't have any ideas. I think toffee is notoriously difficult because it must be stretched and pulled.

I've only made fudge too! I think there was a series on TV a while back which featured two 'sweet-makers' and had some interesting recipes. I need to look it up. In the US, sweets are known as 'candy'. I'll add that to the title as you might get more replies.:)

My grandmother used to make divinity candy.

On any candies, your best bet is do it on a dry day.

Has anyone made home-made sweets? I'm meaning things such as toffee or fudge or even boiled sweets. I'm asking because my grandson is doing a project at school. I have made fudge ages back but that is about all. I'd like to make some sweets with him but apart from fudge I don't have any ideas. I think toffee is notoriously difficult because it must be stretched and pulled.

I used to make peanut brittle, but that was years back. :wink:

My dad used to make toffee many years ago, not sure what he used but I think he just boiled the ingredients until a certain point then pour it onto a dish to cool down.

Back
Top Bottom