Home made tomato sauce

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:43 PM
we have a famous cook book called Edmonds cooking book. It's the most sold book ever in nz. It's that popular. I'm unsung their recipe, I've been making it for about 20 years. Everyone loves my sauce.
Pics and recipe to follow. Tomatoes from our garden. I usually make about 20 to 30 litres a year, I use it for my casseroles etc as well.

Russ

image.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4116.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't limit ourselves to one specific tomato sauce. We may make a long cooked sauce like Sunday gravy or marinara or a quick sauce with Everglades or grape tomatoes that will be finished in the time it takes to cook the dried pasta. I could make a cooked or raw sauce for pizza. Then there are tomato based sauces that are not Italian, sofrito for example or Creole.

We don't limit ourselves to one specific tomato sauce. We may make a long cooked sauce like Sunday gravy or marinara or a quick sauce with Everglades or grape tomatoes that will be finished in the time it takes to cook the dried pasta. I could make a cooked or raw sauce for pizza. Then there are tomato based sauces that are not Italian, sofrito for example or Creole.

Yeah I use the tomato sauce as an Italian pasta sauce as well, this is only tomatoes basil and oregano from our garden s and p and some sugar. Chillies and garlic to get the right taste then I freeze in 2 litre ice cream containers for our winter. I also make plum sauce.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom