Home Student Culinary Arts Workstation

Senathon

Local time
8:51 PM
I am setting up a Culinary Arts workstation in my kitchen for my daughter that is living with us. I am considering buying a 24 inch(Depth) by 48 inch Stainless steel workstation with a 4 inch backsplash along one wall in the kitchen There is only one 2 gang outlet under the workstation. The wall has no hookup for gas or water, so she will be using our regular stove/oven and sink.

Can anyone recommend what else I add to the workstation(not including tools such as pots, pans, knives, and such)? Such as shelving, hanging stuff.

Don't go nuts on equipment. Your regular kitchen is probably more than sufficient. A few nice pans, and some basic tools and knives.

She needs to learn HOW to cook... the best equipment in the world will not make her a chef.

I'd focus on a few good pans and a few of A few good knives. I like All-Clad stainless tri-ply pans. A couple of good skillets, and a couple of good sauce pans to start. Victorinox fibrous knives are very good knives, and the prices are great -- an excellent value.

Both of those are available online, even at Amazon.

CD

Last edited:
What a great idea. She'll need some storage room for tools and some extra space in the fridge.
As casey said, as a home chef you don't need that much.
Is she going to specialize in desserts aka patisserie?

Back
Top Bottom