Recipe Homemade gnocchi stuffed with Blue Stilton cheese

I do love it when members cook other member's recipes! They look lovely. The only thing I would say is that they look rather large. Its difficult to know from your photo as I don't know how big the plate is - but gnocchi are normally quite small. You did say you followed the recipe faithfully though - so I''m assuming you made the gnocchi from 2 x 3 cm pieces of dough? Perhaps its a small plate?

No, very probably mine were just clumsy. As I said I made about 1/3rd of the dough in @MypinchofItaly's recipe, still separated into three lumps and rolled each one out into a sausage - something I found a little more difficult than expected. I then cut each sausage into eight pieces, patted the pieces out flat, put a small piece of cheese in the centre of each and then rolled them into balls. and that's what I got. There was actually quite a bit of variability on size, but I thought that was okay. The other thing is, perhaps I should have had more faith in @MypinchofItaly's expertise, but I was sceptical about what she said about them floating when they were ready, but that is exactly what they did. As I dropped them into the boiling water they all dropped like stones to the bottom. But after a few minutes simmering, the first one came floating up, and before long, they all did the same.

Last edited:
No, very probably mine were just clumsy. As I said I made about 1/3rd of the dough in @MypinchofItaly's recipe, still separated into three lumps and rolled each one out into a sausage - something I found a little more difficult than expected. I then cut each sausage into eight pieces, patted the pieces out flat, put a small piece of cheese in the centre of each and then rolled them into balls. and that's what I got. There was actually quite a bit of variability on size, but I thought that was okay. The other thing is, perhaps I should have had more faith in @MypinchofItaly's expertise, but I was sceptical about what she said about them floating when they were ready, but that is exactly what they did. As I dropped them into the boiling water they all dropped like stones to the bottom. But after a few minutes simmering, the first one came floating up, and before long, they all did the same.

Perfect. I wouldn't know what other say about that. Effectly they have different shapes, depends on the quantity of filling. They aren't small as the normal gnocchi obviously.

Last edited:

Yes they do float up! How big were your gnocchi would you say?

Back
Top Bottom