Household tips and tricks

Using that logic, there are 10 kinds of people who understand binary.

If you take a medication or vitamin once a day, turn the container over and stand it on its top after you take your pill. When it's time to go to bed, turn all the bottles onto their bottoms and start all over the next day. This way you don't have to wonder "did I take my...?"

Will that also work with bottles of beer?

:laugh: If you can get an empty bottle to stand on its head after drinking it, you have skills Yorky! :drink: Better yet, if you can get it to refill overnight while sleeping, you are a god of the malt and hops.

Will that also work with bottles of beer?

Actually I don't need to do that. If I need to know if I've had enough for the day I just count the bottle tops. Or if the ceiling is the only thing in view, I may consider that I've had enough for the day.

I might ease up on the old western movies :whistling:
Another way to clean up glass is rub over with damp newspaper

Ooh ee ooh ee ooh, wah wah wahhh.

Ooh ee ooh ee ooh, wah wah WAH!

Ching, ching, ching...

Actually I don't need to do that. If I need to know if I've had enough for the day I just count the bottle tops. Or if the ceiling is the only thing in view, I may consider that I've had enough for the day.

To quote Dean Martin, "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on".

:laugh: If you can get an empty bottle to stand on its head after drinking it, you have skills Yorky! :drink: Better yet, if you can get it to refill overnight while sleeping, you are a god of the malt and hops.

Voilà!

empty archa bottles s.jpg

Those are not all today's mind.

That reminds me of a joke....
Stewart Francis (dry Canadian comic) said "my father is a bottle collector.....that sounds so much better than saying he's an alcoholic!"

I don't have shampoo or ketchup in the house, or washing powder for that matter, and I can't remember the last time I bought Brasso. I use bicarb and/or white vinegar for cleaning, and liquitabs in the washing machine about four times a year. I try not to use washing up liquid either - it leaves an aftertaste, I find - although anything washed in the dishwasher is usually OK (all that rinsing). I know I posted on here once that I did find an iron somewhere in the house, but I've forgotten what I did with it. I usually dry anything that is likely to crease on a hanger.

Salt? :headshake::headshake:
Just a tiny amount is needed for flavour. Personally I don't put any in because I only make it for my chooks (being allergic to dairy) but there are some things that need a touch of salt in them, like eggs, omelettes, water for fresh pasta and unless you are very accustomed to life without salt (like you and I)them a tiny amount is needed for human consumption (cheese in general has masses added to it and that is one reason I make it for my chickens)

. I try not to use washing up liquid either - it leaves an aftertaste, I find - although anything washed in the dishwasher is usually OK (all that rinsing
Ironically I find it the exact opposite. I had to rinse anything that went through my parents dishwasher. I only have a human dishwasher and don't find anything needs rinsing or having a bad taste after he's washed it.

Back
Top Bottom