Review Houseworth Halogen Convection Oven HW-COG12

Mushrooms en papillote - I was impressed. 20 mins on 175C in a foil packet with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice and some thyme. No oil or butter - although that could have been added.

fullsizeoutput_4023.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4022.jpeg

Looks too dry, maybe a knob of butter? Never tried with thyme.

Russ

Yes - I was trying to cook low calorie as an experiment. Of course, oil could be added. I want to try this again though, using more soy sauce/Worcestershire sauce to produce more liquid. They were very succulent and intense tasting though.

Sausage rolls - raw sausage meat in home-made puff pastry.

I put them on the bottom level in a tin lined with baking paper.

Pre-heat oven for 5 mins.
Cook 180C for 20 mins. (might have been a bit longer as the dial isn't exactly digital accurate). I left them until risen and a pale golden brown.
Then I put them on the top layer for 5 mins to brown a bit more

Perfect!

fullsizeoutput_4036.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4034.jpeg

Sausage rolls - raw sausage meat in home-made puff pastry.

I put them on the bottom level in a tin lined with baking paper.

Pre-heat oven for 5 mins.
Cook 180C for 20 mins. (might have been a bit longer as the dial isn't exactly digital accurate). I left them until risen and a pale golden brown.
Then I put them on the top layer for 5 mins to brown a bit more

Perfect!

View attachment 21898

View attachment 21899

I love sausy rolls, my fave place I buy from have the best ones, I asked them their secret , what herbs they put in. They told me only parsley. I now make mine with parsley as well. They are yummy.

Russ

I love sausy rolls, my fave place I buy from have the best ones, I asked them their secret , what herbs they put in. They told me only parsley. I now make mine with parsley as well. They are yummy.

Russ

Fresh parsley? I reckon the quality of the sausage rolls depends on the quality of the sausage-meat too. I generally use good quality sausages and skin them rather than buying sausage meat which here, though cheap, isn't very good quality.

I only use Hellers brand sausage meat, it's just sausage meat, with other stuff. I put a squirt of tomato sauce a squirt of worst ever sauce ( my American friend calls it this) Worcester sauce and a chopped onion.

Russ

I only use Hellers brand sausage meat, it's just sausage meat, with other stuff. I put a squirt of tomato sauce a squirt of worst ever sauce ( my American friend calls it this) Worcester sauce and a chopped onion.

Russ

I like the idea of the Worcester sauce added.

Back
Top Bottom