Review Houseworth Halogen Convection Oven HW-COG12

"Re-cooking" the pork crackling.

pork crackling 2 s.jpg

I am planning to try potato farls in the halogen in the next few days.

Chicken Pot Pie with home-made short-crust. It turned out fine! Rubbish photos but nice pie. 20 mins on 180C. Top shelf.

View attachment 21725

View attachment 21726
Perfectly cooked and the colour is amazing. I normally wouldn't try chicken pie but I would eat that one. The reason why is something that happened about 20 years ago. I was away with work and was travelling and eating on the run. I went into a bakery and bought a steak and mushroom pie and got in my truck and started to eat it. 2 bites in I realise it's a chicken pie, placed on the wrong labelled rack. I ate it all, and loved it.

Russ

Cooked a whole chicken in the halogen today. Did you ever try that @Yorky? It didn't go terrifically well but is edible. Photos tomorrow as I haven't downloaded them yet.

Cooked a whole chicken in the halogen today. Did you ever try that @Yorky? It didn't go terrifically well but is edible. Photos tomorrow as I haven't downloaded them yet.

Not a whole one no. Unless it's tandoori or tikka I haven't had much success with roasting chicken. It ends up slightly overcooked (the three times that I've tried).

Here we go - this was chicken smothered in spiced yoghurt. Photos not good:

20190114_153300.jpg

After 1 hr:

fullsizeoutput_400d.jpeg

I was cooking it for 90 mins @180C. I think I just needed to check and put some foil over it after a while - which I then did before cooking for the remaining 30 mins. In the end it was fine. I flaked of the worst burnt bits and it was perfectly cooked beneath. Easy peasy really - and the chicken cost £3. Eaten cold twice with chips and the remainder in a curry tonight (photos to follow). There will probably be enough for a stew and a few sandwiches left.

I came across a small chicken bought about 6 months ago, they were on special so I bought 6. Wife's away on a conference next week so that's my dinner for a couple of days. Prolly tandoori, but definitely in yoghurt.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom