Legendary Member
Local time
12:43 AM
20180203_095839.jpg
20180203_100014.jpg
20180203_100240.jpg
20180203_101517.jpg
20180203_102627.jpg

The weekend is same as any other day for me being a lady of leisure. Well, actually I prefer weekdays because the TV shows are better. Its all repeats at the weekend. Anyway, I will attempt to answer your question:

Got up at 11.45am (did not go to bed until 4 am). Unloaded the dishwasher. Made cup of tea and logged into the forum. Did a bit of tidying up of spammers and read all new posts (responding as appropriate). Poached some rhubarb. You will see what happens to this later!

fullsizeoutput_2ad7.jpeg

Cooked a tinned pie for partner (as promised in another thread). Assembled a dessert entry for the Recipe challenge and photographed it.
Fed the dog. Did my hair. Drank a glass of White wine (or two). Logged back in to forum and read all new posts etc.

Last edited:
Worked on our newsletter and preparing for 2 trips ..

The cleaning lady was here on Friday and today, we lunched out at a fave Libanese Bistro and browsed about the sales in the shopping centre .. Tomorrow, relax ..

Cold (for me) and raining. The plan was to pick up lumber to make two new garden boxes. Nixed. Making a grocery list. I will drag G out to run errands. He needs to get out of the house or he will get cranky. Let's see - need to pick up a new pair of glasses, want to stop at an Asian market for Dim Sum wrappers and ingredients, My fave butcher shop for beef short ribs, the supermarket for necessities. Twice this week I went to the spice cabinet for something I was sure I had and - zilch - out. Maybe Costco for liquor - great prices. Nothing special or exciting. Oh - strip the bed and launder all. :hyper:

Up at 6.45 (after about 3 hours sleep) to take my rotten, horrible, weekly medication which has to be taken first thing. Waited half an hour before putting the coffee on and cooking pancakes for me and the mutt. So it was pancakes and yoghurt for breakfast, and the mutt had Weetabix as well. Then switched on my laptop to sort out some of the stuff I dumped on an external hard drive when it went for repair, and am still deciding what to leave on the external drive and what to transfer back to the laptop. Sat down to watch James Martin and was only a few minutes into it when someone knocked at the door. Then the postman came too - didn't mind that - he had my compensation from Autoglass for their making a pigs ear out of replacing my car windscreen. Ended up not having my lunch until late, and sat down to watch James Martin programme in its entirety. Didn't take the dog out today - he took one look out of the back door at the rain and damp and went back to his bed, so I had a nap too. Still wondering what to have for dinner. Am going to catch up on few TV programmes before they disappear from catch up. Typical haphazard weekend really :laugh:

First time all week I've not been up and out by 06:00. Put some sausages in the newly acquired Actifry machine - turned out lovely and crispy brown like they'd been fried in a skillet, but a little dry. Dogs showed no enthusiasm for a walk given the miserable weather so I headed into town to help wife for the day. Sunday, being the only full day off and thus my weekend, will start with queen scallops, pan fried in butter with smoked bacon lardons, hot buttered toast and a large pot of coffee. Suitably fortified, I shall turn lumberjack for the morning - a man came round on Thursday to hard prune the apple trees and left me three large piles of cuttings. One pile can be chainsawed down into logs, the second will make lighting sticks, the third I have yet to find a use for. Unlike the week old pomegranate which has great plans for later in the day.

Back
Top Bottom