How are you starting your weekend

My wife had an appointment today, and she wasn't feeling well, so I drove her there...about an hour to get there on icy roads. When we got there, she found out that everything was backed up, and that we'd have to wait at least an hour before she could be seen. But, they offered her a chance to come back the next day after work (it's not far from where she works).

So, she decided to reschedule, and we went to eat at at our favorite burger place, Michael Symon's B-Spot. There, I ordered my favorite burger, the Atomic Burger. The basic burger is 60% chuck, 30% sirloin, and 10% brisket. He then embeds ghost peppers in the burger, and adds pickled jalapeños, cilantro, pepper jack cheese & habanero sauce. I then added pickled green tomatoes, kimchi, and pickled red onions. What's most remarkable about this burger is that he integrates a terrifying chili in a way that has a ton of flavor, but doesn't melt your face off. It's still quite spicy, but it's not just hot for the sake of being hot.

o.jpg

Later, I went shopping at my favorite fruit and vegetable market, and bought what turned out to be borlotti beans, among many other things - including green papaya - that will probably be turned into something or other...not quite sure yet.

I had lunch with friends on Friday, and then went for drinks with another group of friends. Missed my train (because of a ticket barrier hold up) by one minute so got home on the later train (Home at gone 11pm).

Saturday I got new tyres for my car and did a bit of shopping. Today I’m having a lazy day - still in my pj’s, going through some cookery books to see what to make during the week, might make some banana bread later. All in all nice weekend.

My wife had an appointment today, and she wasn't feeling well, so I drove her there...about an hour to get there on icy roads. When we got there, she found out that everything was backed up, and that we'd have to wait at least an hour before she could be seen. But, they offered her a chance to come back the next day after work (it's not far from where she works).

So, she decided to reschedule, and we went to eat at at our favorite burger place, Michael Symon's B-Spot. There, I ordered my favorite burger, the Atomic Burger. The basic burger is 60% chuck, 30% sirloin, and 10% brisket. He then embeds ghost peppers in the burger, and adds pickled jalapeños, cilantro, pepper jack cheese & habanero sauce. I then added pickled green tomatoes, kimchi, and pickled red onions. What's most remarkable about this burger is that he integrates a terrifying chili in a way that has a ton of flavor, but doesn't melt your face off. It's still quite spicy, but it's not just hot for the sake of being hot.

View attachment 13426

Later, I went shopping at my favorite fruit and vegetable market, and bought what turned out to be borlotti beans, among many other things - including green papaya - that will probably be turned into something or other...not quite sure yet.
Do you deliver?

He then embeds ghost peppers in the burger, and adds pickled jalapeños, cilantro, pepper jack cheese & habanero sauce. I then added pickled green tomatoes, kimchi, and pickled red onions. What's most remarkable about this burger is that he integrates a terrifying chili in a way that has a ton of flavor, but doesn't melt your face off. It's still quite spicy, but it's not just hot for the sake of being hot.
Sounds fantastic. :hungry:

Sunny Sunday. Just come back home. We went to a typical osteria in Brianza area and had lunch with a couple of friends. Later I'll meet a friend of mine for a coffee in the centre of Saronno. I have to come back home before 9.00 pm. Sherlock on Paramount Channel! To watch lazy on the sofà. Nice end of weekend.

View attachment 13426

wow, eating that "used" to be my thing. About a year ago I ended up in the ER with what turned out to be Diverticulitis. I think if I ate that "atomic" burger I'd probably die on the spot.

Symon is one of my wife's and I's favorite Iron chef. I'll definitely have to talk her into making the drive out there one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nasty! But can that be caused by chillies. If so I must be immune. I can literally out-chlli anyone I know!

It isn't caused by chillies. Spicy foods can aggravate it and screw up my system for a while. For me personally, caffeine has a really negative effect on me. I have had to decrease my coffee intake to one to two cups a day :(

It isn't caused by chillies. Spicy foods can aggravate it and screw up my system for a while. For me personally, caffeine has a really negative effect on me. I have had to decrease my coffee intake to one to two cups a day :(

The lack of coffee wouldn't bother me as I rarely drink it - not being able to eat very spicy food would be far worse!

Sunday in Barcelona:

11 Degrees Centigrade and raining ..

So, we are just relaxing indoors ..

Lunch ( always 14.30 ) shall be a simple "paella" of shellfish .. And a bottle of Cava ..

@MypinchofItaly & @classic33

Have a lovely day .. Just stopped raining .. So, let ´s see if we can dress nice and warmly and go for a walk and stop in for a tapa and wine on way back .. We shall see by 18.00 .. It is now 16.30 ..

Back
Top Bottom