How big is your kitchen?

WP_20170722_03_10_49_Pro.jpg
What is the blue thing on top of the microwave?
It's not blue - it's my smart meter display :laugh:

Last edited:
When I decided to relocate here in Nakhorn Nowhere my initial plan was to buy an existing house but I could not find one with a decent kitchen. Rural Thais rarely have kitchens at all, preferring to cook outside or under a lean-to. Therefore I decided to build from scratch.

house s.jpg

Last edited:
When I decided to relocate here in Nakhorn Nowhere my initial plan was to buy an existing house but I could not find one with a decent kitchen. Rural Thais rarely have kitchens at all, preferring to cook outside or under a lean-to. Therefore I decided to build from scratch.

@Yorky

Wow. You did an amazing job ..

View attachment 9279

@Yorky

A charming picturesque little house ..

In our urban Barcelona flat / apartment / condo, our kitchen quite small : 2.15 metres width x 2.90 metres length ..

It is not an eat in kitchen obviously with the built in cabinets, and counter space, frig / freeze combo, stove & oven combo and the sink plus the Washing Machine which does about all ..

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. That would fit in my daughter's kitchen with room to spare :laugh: When they have their garage built, with a downstairs bathroom as well, I'm moving in!

To be honest, I wish I could push out the sink and countertop/cabinets on the right side of my kitchen just a few feet, the move the island over a bit as well

Having a big kitchen is really nice for a foodie, but the other side of the coin is that there is that much more to clean, and pay to heat or cool, and light, etc....

To be honest, I wish I could push out the sink and countertop/cabinets on the right side of my kitchen just a few feet, the move the island over a bit as well

Having a big kitchen is really nice for a foodie, but the other side of the coin is that there is that much more to clean, and pay to heat or cool, and light, etc....
My grandmother enlarged hers in the 1970s. She took out one wall which had a huge walk in closet of sorts on the other side and put cabinets and outlets on that wall and the partial wall. I look at it now and remember it original had a huge dining table by the window. My mom now has that table. I took out the little table and put a desk there. I also put the island at the end of the counter. Though we kind of extended the partial wall with a lateral file cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom