How big is your kitchen?

I just realised that after commenting on everyone elses' kitchen I haven't posted a photo of mine! So - looking one way, then the other. In the second view I pulled out the 'pull out' larder at the end. Normally it is pushed in and flush. Its one of the few things I like about the kitchen.

20170804_170455.jpg

20170804_170557.jpg

I just realised that after commenting on everyone elses' kitchen I haven't posted a photo of mine! So - looking one way, then the other. In the second view I pulled out the 'pull out' larder at the end. Normally it is pushed in and flush. Its one of the few things I like about the kitchen.

View attachment 10163

View attachment 10164

@morning glory

Very pretty .. Like the Wood floors .. The wall color is lovely too ..

Good evening / night ..

Your walls look like the same shade of "Robin's Egg Blue" that my parents had on the dining room walls in the first house, a rental. I loved that house! We moved out to our own when my parents bought their one-and-only home in 1958.

You must be extremely efficient to turn out such lovely looking meals from that tiny kitchen. I'd trip over myself moving from one side to the other!

Your walls look like the same shade of "Robin's Egg Blue" that my parents had on the dining room walls in the first house, a rental. I loved that house! We moved out to our own when my parents bought their one-and-only home in 1958.

You must be extremely efficient to turn out such lovely looking meals from that tiny kitchen. I'd trip over myself moving from one side to the other!

It 'Eau de Nil' by Laura Ashley - a popular colour in the 1930's. Your parents' wall colour sounds more like Duck Egg?

11d2a8757ce4bff137f7a1f37cee0983.jpg

As for the space - I would LOVE a large kitchen but I'm used to it. The surfaces are kept fairly clutter free except for that irritating pile of paper on the counter created by my son (!) and washing up goes straight in dish washer.

Last edited:
This is a plan of the kitchen in the house where I was born. And there was a bath in there also!

7 beulah grove ground floor.jpg

I love my kitchen....I think its probably my favourite room in the house. When we bought the house a couple of years ago a big kichen-diner was one of the things we wouldn't compromise on because its such a sociable space. The compromise with this house is that the kitchen is north-facing so despite the large window if its gloomy outside then it doesn't get a lot of natural light - hence the white surfaces to keep it bright in there.

This picture is taken from the dining room end and just out of the picture to the right are the french doors into the garden - in the summer (well, when the sun shines!) we basically have the doors open and live in the kitchen and garden. I'd love eventually to replace the doors with bifolds to really open it up.
tahg0w.jpg

Pretty & sophisticated!! :wink:

006.jpg
003.jpg
005.jpg

Here are some pics of mine! Not very large, but it IS an eat-in.

On the opposite end, there is a wooden table & chairs. Looks rather plain, but I like it!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom