How do you cook?

I cook all the time. Every day. Its what I do. I fall asleep thinking about recipes and wake up thinking about recipes! Making large quantities and freezing it doesn't appeal to me at all because I like to cook every day and I like adventure!

A lot of the time I'm not cooking for set meals, but experimenting and developing original recipes. Its my 'hobby' and I spend money on ingredients to experiment with (as other people would spend money on their hobby) - generally, nothing is wasted (unless its a disaster). There are 3 or 4 adults plus me here all the time and someone will eat what I make.

Aside from this, I cook an evening meal for everyone which will include a vegetarian option (daughter is vegetarian). Or, quite often its totally vegetarian.
We don't do desserts in this house - unless its a recipe development. :happy:
One pot meals? quite often - skillet or pot. Slow cooker (crock-pot in U.S.), oven and hob.
Measuring? If I'm developing a recipe then yes, as I need to write it up afterwards! Otherwise, not really.

I didn't understand your last question @Cinisajoy

I cook all the time. Every day. Its what I do. I fall asleep thinking about recipes and wake up thinking about recipes! Making large quantities and freezing it doesn't appeal to me at all because I like to cook every day and I like adventure!

I didn't understand your last question @Cinisajoy
Small appliances are steamers, crockpots and slow cookers (there is a difference even in the US.), deep fryers, toaster ovens, toasters, electric grills etc.
So do you prefer them or using the standard hob and oven?

The difference between slow cookers and crockpots is the way they cook.
20161109_135303.jpg

The one on the left is a crockpot. It cooks from all sides and the insert is crockery. The insert can only be used in the crockpot.
The one on the right is a slow cooker. It cooks from bottom only. The pan can be used on the stove or in the oven too. The base can be used a griddle.
The left one is great for soups and beans. The right one is great for roasts and other foods that are typically baked.

I'll have to reply to this later. My mind has got boggled with crock pots and slow pots, inserts and bottoms. :laugh: And I need to serve up dinner.

Back
Top Bottom