How Do You Decide When To Eat?

How Do You *Usually* Decide When To Eat?

• I eat at traditional meal times (morning for breakfast, noon for lunch, evening for dinner)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I eat at regular intervals (example: every 3 hours)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I eat when I get hungry

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I eat one big meal and then have small things the rest of the day

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I am usually eating something or other (whether it's a meal or a snack)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (but please not "a mix of the other answers")

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
During the week we tend to stick to meal times as it works with our work routine. At the weekend we eat depending what we are doing that day. We had a late morning so had a cooked breakfast at 11 and then had a hot chocolate when out and we will have dinner tonight. Tomorrow we have decorating to do so likely to do the same - have a good breakfast to fill us up and we don't need a break until we are finished painting and can take some chilli out of the freezer for an easy supper.

Creatures of habit we stick to meal times, we don't eat at the same time everyday but we do have breakfast, lunch is usually around 12.30 and evening meal between 5.30 to 6pm. Lunch during the working day is at our desks. Even at weekends/ time off we still generally eat around these times.

evening meal between 5.30 to 6pm.

That to me is really, really early for dinner. Dinner at 8 to 8.30 when I serve it. But I have noticed its a bit of a 'class' thing in the UK. I think when I was a kid (working class background, council estate) most people had 'tea' (they didn't call it dinner) at 5.30 to 6pm. Tea didn't mean tea as in 'afternoon tea' but some sort of cooked meal. Usually quite simple.

In a breakfast, dinner ,tea person at at times. I usually snack at set times as well.
Breakfast is at 6am. Dinner is at 12pm, tea is at 6pm ideally (if hubby is home in time or away from home) but more usually at 6:30pm these days. If needed it can be 5:30pm. If I eat at 8pm, I can't sleep .
Thought that said on days when it's 40C outside and is still 28C at midnight, we'll eat late and go to bed late but that's only for a couple of weeks of the year thankfully .

Snacks also tend to fall at a set time. 9am for the mid morning snack and roughly 3-4pm for the afternoon snack. So evenly spaced every 3 hours I guess even though I answered traditional meal times!

My health and physical strength dictate this BTW! It's now 12:30pm and I'm late for lunch. I'm being called to the table .

Last edited:
I sometime eat when i am hungry cause i live by myself but often i am working and not have time to eat like today i haven't eaten at all except for a few orange candies i grabbed out of my purse. So i am sitting here hungry but so hungry i can't make up my mind. I might go with a flatbread with beans and veggies.

Back
Top Bottom